Windows 10: New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed

Discus and support New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft confirmed two new bugs that affect the recently released feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004 (also known as the May 2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 14, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed

Microsoft confirmed two new bugs that affect the recently released feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2004 (also known as the May 2020 Update). Another bug has been resolved.

Windows 10 version 2004 is less than a month old. More than 10 issues were confirmed by Microsoft at the day of release, many of which block the update on affected user systems until the issue is resolved or mitigated.

The three new issues have been published on June 12, 2020:

Issue 1: Error when attempting to open any Microsoft Office application

New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed office-cannot-open.png

Affects: Windows 10 version 2004, Windows 10 version 1909, Windows 10 version 1903, Windows Server version 2004, 1909, and 1903.

Users may receive error messages such as 'Windows cannot find "c:\program files\microsoft office\root\office16\winword.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.' or similar when the system is affected by the bug.

It affects Microsoft Office applications according to the bug description; this Office support page reveals that it may also affect non-Office applications that the user tries to launch.

The issue is caused by "certain versions of Avast or AVG applications" installed on the system. Microsoft notes that Avast has resolved the issue with an update and that users should update to the latest program version to resolve the issue on their end.

Other options include running Avast's Cleanup Online Setup Tool, or through Registry edits. Note that it is recommended that you backup the Registry or the entire system before running the tool or making Registry edits.

1. Open the Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution
    3. Delete the keys of affected software.
    Issue 2: Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print

Affects: All recent client and server versions of Windows (including Windows 10 version 2004, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2019.

This is the second printing related bug that Microsoft confirmed. It occurs after installing the June 9, 2020 security updates, e.g. KB4557957 for Windows 10 version 2004.

Printing may not work on certain printers after installing the update. The print spooler may error or close unexpectedly according to Microsoft and the print job is cancelled. Users may also experience issues with the apps they attempt to print from, e.g. the app may also close unexpectedly or it may throw an error. The issue may affect software-based printers as well.

Lifted Issue: No mouse input with apps and games using GameInput Redistributable

Affects: Windows 10 version 2004

Games that you play on the Windows 10 device may lose mouse input. The issue affects systems with some GameInput Redistributables. Microsoft lifted the update block on June 12, 2020 after further investigation noting that the "issue does not affect any version of GameInput Redistributable in use".

Now You: Which version of Windows do you run?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. New bugs in Windows 10 version 2004 confirmed - Similar Threads - bugs version 2004

2. Windows 10 2004 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 bug?: Every time I map a drive in Win 10 2004 and I need to reboot, I get errors saying the password to that drive is invalid and wont reconnect when there is no password. Also When I click on the server in Network to remap the drive or map other drives I get errors... Only way I...
  3. version 2004 battery saver bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    version 2004 battery saver bug: Hello I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop. windows 10 pro I just installed 2004 update from 30 min, it's working great except I noticed I can't turn on or off the battery saver from the toggle or battery icon from the taskbar which is weird cuz it didn't happen in the previous...
  4. Windows 10 2004 version Bugged Search box not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 version Bugged Search box not opening: Hello , Please i need help so badly So recently updated to windows 10 2004 version and my Desktop is bugged. Search box is not opening. sometimes it opens and closes automatically before i can search something. also task manager is not working....
  5. Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Bugs & Glitches: Hello everyone! I was wondering on how long I should wait to get 2004 until all of the bugs and glitches are resolved? I planned to create a generalized system image of that version for deployment to multiple computers, but I won't do it unless it's fully stable....
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found

Windows 10 version 2004 Bugs I've found: Hey Microsoft, I've found some bugs in the recent insider build, windows 10 version 2004. I would revert back to an old build, but I cannot as I had problems on my previous build such as: - Ethernet failing to work, but when I upgraded over a wifi usb adapter to windows...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs

Windows 10 Version 2004 being plagued with bugs: I had to preformed a fresh install back to v1909 again. But I would like to say for feedback purposes. I think all guys at work at Microsoft you should go back to releasing Service Packs like in Windows 2000 XP Vista and Windows 7. Because with Service Packs they we’re...
  8. windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest

windows 10 version 2004 audio bug latest: hi, when someone plays videos in windows 10 version 2004 are accompanied by per, perrr, perrrrrr.. sound. every video/audio is accompanied by this sound. I am troubleshooting it. yes, default and other madia players. so far no luck. thanks....
  9. Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug: There is a bug in windows 10 v2004 19041.153, If you use disk optimization tool and optimize drivers, after a while closing optimization tool it resest situation of drivers and shows as needs optimization every time. [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...