Windows 10: New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...

Discus and support New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Build is about a month old. Audio recently decided to stop working. I have looked through event viewer but haven't had much luck finding the cause. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R Orefice, Nov 23, 2020.

1. R Orefice Win User

New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...

Build is about a month old. Audio recently decided to stop working. I have looked through event viewer but haven't had much luck finding the cause. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver, but that didn't work. I have tried to switch the driver manually but still nothing. Google searches only turn up "undetected audio device" problems, which isn't the problem. The audio device is detected, as well as any new ones I plug in, and they work on other computers so the audio devices are not the problem. I thought it might be the sound card built into the mobo had failed, but after searching that in Google I don't think my audio devices would even be detected if that were the case if im wrong about that please tell me. The profile was migrated with pcmover, it has a lot of legacy software on it, so I'm suspicious that something is corrupting the OS there but I don't know where to start to verify that. Nothing new was installed on it since I had to reinstall windows on the 11th another problem with corruption, managed to fix that issue by running sfc /scannow, but that isnt working now and I told the owner not to install anything unless i had a chance to look at it so i could verify that didnt cause the corruption. I guess god is with me on that because now im certain no new software or updates were installed by the owner, the only changes made was work they did in QuickBooks and a few excel files. if I do a restore to the checkpoint I made on the 11th the chances are this will only happen again in a few days so i would like to track down the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

R Orefice, Nov 23, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

No audio on build 1703

Hello Steve,

There may be several reasons why your audio stopped working after the update. To assist you out with this concern, we suggest you try to rollback your audio driver's update. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Select your audio driver, right-click on it and choose Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, click on Roll Back Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Problem installing the driver software for my audio device: 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' device problem

Thank you very much for your help. I did finally find the solution that worked for me.

I used solution #3 on this Windows help page. See below.

Fix sound problems

Try these steps ( ):

• Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under
      Sound, video, and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
      Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in
      Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver >
      Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software
      > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
      High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.
    Still need help? Connect with a Microsoft Answer Tech

AllenCollis, Nov 23, 2020
  4. New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...

Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers...

1. New build. All audio has stopped. Audio devices are detected as well as new ones. Drivers... - Similar Threads - build audio has

2. Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 on an external SSD for my 4k iMac 2015. My problem is that after installing Bootcamp Assistant and updating everything, the sound is not detecting any Audio Device. I have tried everything on the Windows Support Software that Apple provided...
  3. Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 on an external SSD for my 4k iMac 2015. My problem is that after installing Bootcamp Assistant and updating everything, the sound is not detecting any Audio Device. I have tried everything on the Windows Support Software that Apple provided...
  4. Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  6. New build. No audio. Help Please!

New build. No audio. Help Please!: Hello, I just completed a new build and everything is up and running except I have no audio. I am running an i5-10400f with an MSI b460m Mortar mobo. I have made all of the connections on the mobo and triple checked everything. I am trying to connect some speakers to the back...
  7. New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...

New Window 10 desktop cannot detect audio devices plugged into the motherboard, new drivers...: Hello! I've recently built a new PC, and am having trouble with my audio. I only have the AMD High Definition Audio Driver from my GPU, but no audio driver from my motherboard ASUS Prime B550M-A wifi. I downloaded and tried installing the driver from Asus' website Realtek...
  8. Need new audio drivers

Need new audio drivers: Yesterday I was listening to something on my laptop and then it didn't work again after that. It says that my drivers weren't working properly, so I uninstalled them. Windows did not automatically reinstall. I need a reliable source for new audio drivers please....
  9. No audio device detected

No audio device detected: Basically, I can hear audio through my earphones but they do not show up as a device on my computer and they won't let me use my microphone. I've tried everything from reinstalling realtek audio to looking for disabled devices in the control panel but it's nowhere to be...
  10. New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903

New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903: Hi, I have two identical newly built computers, and the onboard sound is not working on one of the two. Here are the specs for both: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/Wraith Stealth cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB memory modules, two 8 GB...