Windows 10: New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

Discus and support New build, can't install windows (USB drive) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Running into issues when trying to install Windows on my new build. Have tried multiple times and keep running into the same issue. Been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andreaaaas, Dec 13, 2017.

1. New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

Hi,

Running into issues when trying to install Windows on my new build. Have tried multiple times and keep running into the same issue. Been trying to find a solution for hours but hitting dead ends.

I boot with the USB drive inserted and the Windows logo shows up, there is this circle of dots that loads run about two times, then it disappears and the screen goes blank. Then nothing.

I've used the Media Creation Tool to create the disc, as well as trying with Rufus but no difference.

Build:
    Motherboard: ASUS LGA 1151 PRIME Z270-P Intel ATX
    Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz QuadCore 8MB Cache
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
    GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-Gaming Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

:)

andreaaaas, Dec 13, 2017
  2. Chopaka Win User

error at beginning of fresh Windows 10 install from USB

I'm building a new PC with current Intel motherboard, CPU, and other new parts. I only have the minimum components connected (USB mouse, keyboard, SATA SSD drive, video card). This is a fresh build, not an upgrade.

I'm now trying to install Windows 10 Pro for the first time from a Microsoft USD drive. I set the BIOS to boot from the USB drive. When I get past the BIOS I get the prompt to choose the OS to install, Windows 10 x64 or x32. I choose the x64 option.
    The install begins by copying files, but after the file copy I get the error 0xc0000221, "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors." The message refers to the NTOSKRNL.exe file.

I've tried the Windows install every possible way with the same results. I've taken the Windows 10 USB drive and plugged it into another working PC and viewed the contents of the USB drive and performed chkdsk on it and all looks good. I've also performed
    a memory check via the Windows tool and it came up clean as well. I've tried other clean formatted SSDs as the PC drive but still can't get the install to begin.

Is the Windows USB drive bad?

Is there something I can check to narrow down the problem?

Chopaka, Dec 13, 2017
  3. reedo2 Win User
    update 10240 won't install

download build 10240 will not install. error msg " you can't install windows on a usb flash drive." I am not using a flash drive. it's a standard WD 500 gb HD. Can anyone help me please?

reedo2, Dec 13, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

Hi andreaaaas and welcome to Tenforums.
    I just loaded W10 on a newly-built system a couple weeks ago with an ASUS Z270-E, i7-7700K and Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD without issue. To be honest, I'm at a loss of why you're having this problem. The only things I can think of are 1. try a new download of the W10 ISO, and 2. try the install with the GPU disconnected. Also, a wired standard keyboard and mouse may help.

I'm sure others will have more ideas for you. Good luck.

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Boot from any USB drive / DVD from which you can run a command prompt then run setup.exe from the Windows 10 installation USB.

Steve C, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Thanks a lot guys, removing the GPU completely solved it!

andreaaaas, Dec 14, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Brilliant! Glad to hear that worked for you. Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

1. New build, can't install windows (USB drive) - Similar Threads - build can't install

2. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  3. Can't install windows 11 on new build pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 on new build pc: When the windows install reaches the connect to internet stage nothing happens, I have tried the shift+F10 but the command prompt does not come up. It is an Asus Rog Strix B650E-E motherboard. I am at a loss on what to do....
  4. Installing windows on a new build but USB won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows on a new build but USB won't load: Hello, I have built a new PC and trying to install windows on it via a USB. The computer was able to boot the USB once but it when I selected 64 bit it gave me an error message and the PC restarted. Once it restarted it tried to boot the USB again but it was just a blank...
  5. New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB

New PC Build Can't Boot Windows Installation USB: PC parts build date 21/11/2020 Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B550-A CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x GPU: RTX 3070 Founders Edition SSD: 500gb Samsung Evo 970pro Ram: Adata XPG 3200mhz 16gb PSU: EVGA B3 850W 80+ PSU Case: Phanteks P400a Since Asus support is lackluster, I'm going to ask...
  6. Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build

Can't Install Windows from Official USB on New Build: After multiple attempts I am here. Having just completed a new build Asus Prime z490-a / Intel 10900k / Samsung 970 Evo M.2 I of course intended to install windows next. I have an official USB that was sealed with a product key card. No mater what I do all I get to is a black...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build

Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a gaming PC that I've built. Here are the specs: Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB x2 M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SATA SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB GPU: PowerColor AXRX...
  8. New PC build new window usb not installing

New PC build new window usb not installing: Built my son a new gaming pc, have done a few of these but brand new windows usb install key wont install, will make a new key but hoping issue is fixable as new key not cheap...
  9. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...
  10. Not able to install Windows 10 retail USB on new build

Not able to install Windows 10 retail USB on new build: I just put together a new build and I'm not able to install Windows 10 from an official retail USB. I have an ASUS Z270F Gaming motherboard. I am able to boot from USB. Once I do I get this screen: https://i.imgur.com/dhtKdYb.jpg After I choose 64bit it loads files for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install windows 10 from usb on new build

2. WIN 10 OS ON PENDRIVE CAN I INSTALL ON A NEW BUILD

3. new pc build will not load windows from usb

4. new build couldnt install windows tried linux,
  5. installing 1803 error 0xc0000221