Windows 10: New build delivery

Discus and support New build delivery in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there. I am currently on 10147 on one of my PCs. Now I know some of you have already Build 10158. The problem is, I can't change my delivery to Fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gallicbear, Jun 29, 2015.

1. New build delivery

Hi there. I am currently on 10147 on one of my PCs. Now I know some of you have already Build 10158. The problem is, I can't change my delivery to Fast ring on this PC. I have changed it several times from 'slow' to 'fast', but it keeps going back to slow, even while I am in 'Updates'. Do I need to change the registry somewhere? The system even shows notification to change my delivery method, but I can't do anything about it. Any ideas?

:)

gallicbear, Jun 29, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 ISO saved on Flash Drive, can it be Updated?

With earlier versions of Windows there were limited releases of installation media because the mechanism was not built around electronic delivery (Windows 7 essentially only had two images in a product type, with and without service pack 1)

Windows 10 is under a continual development process with new builds being released at intervals. Electronic delivery allows the images to be updated with new builds as the are released. Now the only real reason to keep an installation image on disk/key is
    if you have a risk of not being able to (difficult to) get the current build for a reload at the time it is needed. If you routinely have access to an alternative computer make the disk/key when you need it.

HairyFool, Jun 29, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Getting Firmware updates for Windows Phones on Insider Release fast ring

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. As an Insider, keep an eye on the Insider blog which typically mentions if an Insider build will delay delivery of firmware.

Entegy, Jun 29, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

New build delivery

Since you're using a leaked build you may not be able to upgrade to 10158. You may have to use build 10130 to get there or find an ISO around the net.

BunnyJ, Jun 29, 2015
  5. I see. Got the point. Thanks, BunnyJ.

gallicbear, Jun 29, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    For whatever reason it works for some and not for others. I upgraded from 10147 without as any problems. I would try going back to 10130 and try again. You could also ask for a link to a ISO and try installing from that.

Winuser, Jun 29, 2015
  7. Thanks, Winuser; that's what I am planning on doing when I get a chance.

gallicbear, Jun 29, 2015
  8. New build delivery

New problem: My build 10130 saw the upgrade 10159, got it. Then it refused to install it, because I am running Win 10 on a VHD. So where did it store the upgrade? I'd like to make an iso to put it on a usb stick. Thanks.

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New build delivery

1. New build delivery - Similar Threads - build delivery

2. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  3. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  4. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  5. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...: >>> [Device Install UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices - Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample] >>> Section start 2024/03/22 14:18:35.193 cmd: C:\\tools\\devcon install ComponentizedAudioSample.inf Root\Sysvad_ComponentizedAudioSample ndv: INF path:...
  6. I have tried to build the Windows driver Samples using Microsoft documentation ,One of the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  8. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  9. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...
  10. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...