Windows 10: New build: DVI cable unplugged

Discus and support New build: DVI cable unplugged in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built my first computer and I plugged it in and turned it on for the first time and I get a message on the monitor that the DVI cable is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisTomlin, Nov 1, 2020.

1. New build: DVI cable unplugged

I just built my first computer and I plugged it in and turned it on for the first time and I get a message on the monitor that the DVI cable is unplugged. I have tried an HDMI cable, a VGA cable with an adapter and still get the same message. I cannot update anything because I cannot get on the computer. I have tried different monitors and still nothing. I have removed and reseated the graphics card and the motherboard still to no avail. As of now I have a 750 dollar computer that is useless to me. Any help?

:)

DennisTomlin, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Huboooo Win User

New HDMI&USB to DVI cable?

I would ask if its posible to get a new HDMI&USB to DVI cable because i would like to buy a new one but cant you get it cheaper then like 100$ or something like that?

Huboooo, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    HDMI to DVI cable

HDMI and DVI are 100% the same with video. When they desigend HDMI, they used DVI as a base design - think of HDMI as DVI, but they removed the VGA compatibility and replaced that with the audio signal.

If you want audio, there can be extra steps (for example, Nvidia need an SPDIF cable between your video card and your sound card, while ATI require a special DVI to HDMI adaptor, and a normal HDMI cable - you cant use a DVI to HDMI cable)

Mussels, Nov 1, 2020
  4. New build: DVI cable unplugged

New HDMI&USB to DVI cable?

Hi Huboooo

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Search on Amazon on following keywords

HDMI to DVI cable

USB to DVI cable

You will get plenty of option and which will very cheap as well.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

New build: DVI cable unplugged

1. New build: DVI cable unplugged - Similar Threads - build DVI cable

2. DVI Cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVI Cable.: I took a monitor with 144hz, I connect it via an HDMI cable, I get a picture, but HDMI only delivers 60hz, I went today to get a DVI cable, plug it into the graphics card, plug it into the monitor, turn on the PC, the computer recognizes DVI and all the settings are found,...
  3. DVI Cable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI Cable.: I took a monitor with 144hz, I connect it via an HDMI cable, I get a picture, but HDMI only delivers 60hz, I went today to get a DVI cable, plug it into the graphics card, plug it into the monitor, turn on the PC, the computer recognizes DVI and all the settings are found,...
  4. No dvi-d cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No dvi-d cable?: Hey! I am trying to set my dell u2410 monitor up as a second screen for my laptop, now iv done everything I need to on the laptops side but the monitor just says "No dvi-d cable" what am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?? Thanks for the help!...
  5. Ethernet cable unplugged error on new gaming pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cable unplugged error on new gaming pc: Hello, I have just completed a new build and everything was going smooth until I got the error "Network cable unplugged" for the Ethernet connection. I have tried just about every possible solution updating bios, drivers, switching ethernet cables, resetting network...
  6. network cable unplugged

network cable unplugged: W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while...
  7. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged: Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by going to adapter properties then qos packet scheduler - > configure - > advanced and change speed & duplex to 10mbps half or...
  8. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...
  9. Network cable unplugged

Network cable unplugged: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I have just moved into a new home and i am having issues connecting to the internet through a wired connection. Wfi works but id rather use the wired connection since i have it . The house is wired for Cat 5e. I have an ASUS...
  10. 120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?: Hey there, my old 2nd monitor is about to die (see: Solved Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... - Windows 10 Forums) so i got a replacement. Now i figured thats this monitor is able to run 120hz and i sure as hell wanna use that. *Smile But i remember i did...