Windows 10: New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay

Discus and support New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any help appreciated before calling manufacturers. I just upgrade computer with Asus ROG STRIX 570-e gaming board and AMD 3700XT processor. I used my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DestinTider, Sep 25, 2020.

1. New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay

Any help appreciated before calling manufacturers. I just upgrade computer with Asus ROG STRIX 570-e gaming board and AMD 3700XT processor. I used my external DVD drive to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Once it finished and rebooted I could no longer use the drive to install motherboard software or browse any disc without it going directly into the 'Burn a disc' pop-up which asks how do I want to use this disc. The autoplay setting is turned on in settings. If I right click the drive letter and hit autoplay it says the drive letter is invalid. So, I have confirmed the drive works using another machine. I have plugged it into a different port, uninstalled and re-installed, as well as change drive letter and still have same results. I have updated bios on motherboard as well. Still having the same issue. Thoughts?

Steve

:)

DestinTider, Sep 25, 2020

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 25, 2020
  3. W00DY69 Win User
    Mixed Content Options in AutoPlay for Windows 7

Here's my problem.... When I insert a data CD or DVD with mixed content (ie: videos, text files, pictures) -- I don't get the "View Files with Windows Explorer" option with Windows 7 Autoplay - that I did with Vista. Even if I select the "Change Autoplay
    Options" and manually try to change the Mixed Content options..... View Files isnt listed as one.

So I have to close that window, and view the files by going into My Computer and selecting my CD/DVD drive.

Is this a common problem???

W00DY69, Sep 25, 2020
  4. New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay

External HardDrive Problem (please help New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay

1. New build - external DVD unable to browse content or autoplay - Similar Threads - build external DVD

2. Software to inspect/browse content of disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to inspect/browse content of disk: I'm looking for a software that allows to browse/inspect the content of a disk (ssd, hdd etc.) when the device is shut down, if it also allows to copy the content to a usb it'd be excellent. I can't find any, to what kind of software category/type does a software like this...
  3. DVD Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Autoplay: Running Windows 10 I have installed a free media and dvd player called Media Player Classic MPC. I can set this application as the default player for media files, and it all works fine. When I open a DVD with the application, it opens and run without any issues. When...
  4. Web Browsing Content Restriction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Browsing Content Restriction: How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to wikipedia home page, not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
  5. dvd drive will not autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive will not autoplay: dvd drive will not autoplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-will-not-autoplay/225b4b4c-fdbe-42b6-ac2e-6c9e4996e936
  6. Autoplay not working for RW DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Autoplay not working for RW DVD: I am not sure when it quit i.e. which update because I use it so seldom. The error message is that Disk needs to be formatted in Explorer, but when Autoplay is invoked, nothing happens. Tried with multiple DVDs RW was when I found issue, but tried -R & +R just to be sure...
  7. DVD with APRESO content

DVD with APRESO content: I have an old DVD . When i try to run it on my system, it displays the following: After performing a check of your system, it has been determined that you must make the following adjustments to view this Apreso as intended by the creator: Required Component Your...
  8. External Mac DVD on new PC

External Mac DVD on new PC: I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad and am trying to use an external DVD drive from my Mac. I downloaded bootcamp but can't find a way to operate the drive (eject disc, run, etc.). Suggestions?...
  9. Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning DVD mp3 files with autoplay for domestic DVD player?: I want to make a music DVD from mp3 files - Windows DVD maker is long gone. I can use alternative software if there's nothing in Wimdows 10, but I also want the DVD to autoplay when put in to a domestic DVD player. How do I do it?...
  10. Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying

in Browsers and Email
    Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying: Hi, This question is regarding the auto playing of video's on web page's while using the ms edge browser, I really wish that Microsoft would include a setting option that would make it easy for a user of the edge browser to do this. I'm currently running edge browser version...