Windows 10: New build freezing

Discus and support New build freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the past month, I put together a new desktop with the following components: CPU - Intel i7 10700K Mobo: Asus Prime B460M-A Ram: Corsair Vengence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Atom1, May 4, 2021 at 3:07 AM.

1. Atom1 Win User

New build freezing

Within the past month, I put together a new desktop with the following components: CPU - Intel i7 10700K Mobo: Asus Prime B460M-A Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 (2 x 8Gb) SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus The power supply and everything else was from previous build. On two occasions, the computer has frozen. I looked in the event log and I see nothing there. Windows 10 64 Pro is up to date. Any suggestions on what to look for?

:)

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, May 5, 2021 at 11:17 PM
  3. New System build Suggestions

Case is final and already bought

SilverStone GD09B
    PSU is also already bought
    And Motherboard

4. New build freezing

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, May 5, 2021 at 11:17 PM
Thema:

New build freezing

1. New build freezing - Similar Threads - build freezing

2. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1: Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns. It ran for 5 days without a crash until yesterday, when it froze when I tried to sleep the computer. Also I am getting WHEA...
  3. Cannot install Windows 10 on new build PC.... spinning wheel freezes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 10 on new build PC.... spinning wheel freezes.: Right then, About two months ago, I installed a new Motherboard, CPU, CPU Fan, RAM and PCIe card into an old case. I formatted the harddrive, but for reasons I just can't seem to find the root of, I cannot install Windows 10 on this system. PC Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3...
  4. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 on every reboot

New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 on every reboot: Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns. It ran for 5 days without a crash until yesterday, when it froze when I tried to sleep the computer. Also I am getting WHEA...
  5. New PC build randomly hanging / freezing / locking up. Sometimes happens after 2 weeks,...

New PC build randomly hanging / freezing / locking up. Sometimes happens after 2 weeks,...: This a fairly new PC build ~2 months and I'm kind of at my wits end trying to find the root cause and get this resolved hopefully. I'm fairly technical, but running at a bit of a loss with this gremlin... When the PC locks-up, I can still move the mouse, type on the keyboard...
  6. Right Click freezes explorer Windows 10 Pro v. 1909 Build 18363.1082

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click freezes explorer Windows 10 Pro v. 1909 Build 18363.1082: Greetings all: I have recently rebuilt my laptop, prior to rebuild and post having the same issue. When Right clicking in explorer, be it file or folder explorer locks up. This only happens when I right click on a folder/drive in explorer and select open in a new window....
  7. W10 v2004 Build: 19041.388 Freezes. How can I trace the problem?

W10 v2004 Build: 19041.388 Freezes. How can I trace the problem?: I use Outlook 2010, Firefox and skype mainly and every hour I get at least one freeze. Below is a screenshot from the Event Viewer after one of the freezes, plus the error message. Any advice on how to solve please? Thank you. [ATTACH] ERROR, Event Log EventID: 6008: The...
  8. New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot: Hi all, This is a brand new PC build. Here are the parts used: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 Motherboard: MSI Mortar B550 RAM: 8X2 Gb Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC Video Card: Nvidia RTX 2060 Storage: Western Digital m.2 It posts fine and I am able to enter BIOS...
  9. New Build Windows 10 freezing post latest updates July 2020

New Build Windows 10 freezing post latest updates July 2020: After recent patches 7/15-7/16 were installed: KB4565627 Can remove this, but didn't solve the issue KB4565503 Can't remove this KB4566785 Can't remove this My PC is freezing intermittently, it has only happened 4 times so far and every time it happens i can see when...
  10. Windows 10 freezes in sleep mode randomly after recent update to version 2004 OS build...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes in sleep mode randomly after recent update to version 2004 OS build...: Windows 10 freezes in sleep mode randomly after recent update to version 2004 OS build 19041.329 Tried various options changing computer sleep mode and turn off hard disk, nothing seems to work. Have updated BIOS Have tried below as well, but of no use: dism /Online...