Windows 10: New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.

Discus and support New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I recently built a new gaming PC but unfortunately it has suffered from blue screen problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomJenkins87, Apr 7, 2020.

1. New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I recently built a new gaming PC but unfortunately it has suffered from blue screen problems while gaming since day one. The most frequent error codes I get are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with the culprit being listed as ntoskrnl.exe.

I have tried many things already:

• I have run memtest86 and memtest64 for several passes each, all coming back clean - no errors.
    • I've tried each RAM stick individually and in different slots.
    • I have updated to all of the latest drivers.
    • I have updated the BIOS but the latest BIOS caused my PC to reboot itself frequently without warning or error and therefore I reverted back to an older BIOS.
    • I have installed and used tests from HDDSentinel. These show two "bad sectors" on my main samsung SSD but otherwise no issues.
    • I have wiped both hard drives and reinstalled windows 10.

As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm now getting very frustrated so I welcome any advice or suggestions.

Specs:
    PSU: Seasonic SS-620GM2 M12II-EVO 620W 80+ bronze
    Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 LPX 16GB 2x 8GB
    GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 2070 Dual 8GB GDDR6
    Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA Internal 2.5" SSD
    Storage: Kingston SSD A400 M.2 SSD 120GB

Any questions, please ask and I shall do my best to give you an answer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or help I receive on here.

:)

TomJenkins87, Apr 7, 2020

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Apr 7, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 7, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.

Why does CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 receives Blue Screen on new pc build ?

could look like it.

but maybe it's the memory that's not fully compatible with your friends board, or the board don't recognize them properly and that's why the board BSOD's.

puma99dk|, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.

1. New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated. - Similar Threads - build gaming blue

2. Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build: Hi, Currently having problems with just about any game I play.I've done a clean install twice and it seems to not fix the problem.I have attached the files from one drive. hopefully ya'll can help me out, DumpfilesThanks alot,Joren...
  3. Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens, Game Crashes on new build: Hi, Currently having problems with just about any game I play.I've done a clean install twice and it seems to not fix the problem.I have attached the files from one drive. hopefully ya'll can help me out, DumpfilesThanks alot,Joren...
  4. BLUE SCREEN ON MY NEW GAMING PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN ON MY NEW GAMING PC: ok so this winzip driver updater asked me to update my drivers so i did then it said eestart your device and i did now it wont boot up it sais pc failed to u know boot and sais we will restart for u and then it runs automatic repair that wont work so should i re buy a...
  5. BLUE SCREEN ON MY NEW GAMING PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN ON MY NEW GAMING PC: ok so this winzip driver updater asked me to update my drivers so i did then it said eestart your device and i did now it wont boot up it sais pc failed to u know boot and sais we will restart for u and then it runs automatic repair that wont work so should i re buy a...
  6. Constant BSOD, any help or advice would be appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant BSOD, any help or advice would be appreciated: Recently, I've encountered multiple blue screen crashes on my PC as well as random all of a sudden freezes that usually occur when I play a game like Warzone or Valorant. Some of the blue screen error codes I've had included unexpected kernal mode trap, cdd.ll, dxgmms2.sys,...
  7. Building a New Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Building a New Gaming PC: Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly. But keep getting a "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" I have tried to follow all different types of troubleshooting and...
  8. Blue Screen Code: 124 on new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Code: 124 on new PC Build: Hello, I just put in a new motherboard, cpu, and graphics card in my home pc. I also had to reinstall windows from a disk and have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. Whenever I game the PC will randomly freeze and lose signal to the monitors. The error is blue screen but...
  9. BSOD screen on new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD screen on new build: Constant BSOD Screens Hey everyone, I just finished building my new PC and keep running into BSOD errors. The system: Ryzen 3700x 2080ti Intel 2TB m.2 SSD 32 GB of Hyper X RAM I cloned the drive from my previous build to the m.2 and now I am constantly getting the blue...
  10. Build 14366 BSODs and Reset - Advice Appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Build 14366 BSODs and Reset - Advice Appreciated: Slow Ring member updated to Build 14366 yesterday with no issues (initially) Tested apps, etc, all ran normally. Post-Install ran complete scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Defender, both scans reported clean Post_Install ran sfc /scannow, clean report...