Windows 10: New build issue with installation

Discus and support New build issue with installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things. I have a MSI z270-a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaTiOn11235, Apr 22, 2020.

1. New build issue with installation

Hi all I just got my last few parts for my build and now am having trouble with the installation of the os and other needed things.
    I have a MSI z270-a pro motherboard
    a msi gtx GeForce 8970 gpu
    i3-7100 7th gen cpu
    16 gb of ddr4 ram
    and a current 1 tb ssd

these are all brand new and just arrived yesterday finally got time to build it everything is on and works until I got to the start screen it displays MSI and either boot menu F11 or bios setup DEL and both just lead to a black screen with a moveable mouse and nothing else

I do have a disk for the motherboard drivers and other files and I noticed a bios folder in ther along with the gpu has a disk and I still need to get a os on there but if theres no screen on either menu I don't see how I can get the os loaded on since I cant move or select anything I have a usb ready and am unsure if I need to transfer over the motherboard stuff first and then the os and then gpu or if theres another issue going on

im new at build so im just confused in general and I want to note that I have to hds one ssd and one basic hdd that was in my old desktop I was also unsure weather I could load the old one first and then just use that to get my os installed.

:)

NaTiOn11235, Apr 22, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, May 23, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

New build issue with installation

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2020
Thema:

New build issue with installation

1. New build issue with installation - Similar Threads - build issue installation

2. Running into issues with a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into issues with a new build: I recently built a system for a family member and he has been running into issues ever since. His main issues at the moment are CTDs, so my first instinct is a graphics card problem, but I haven't run into many build problems, so this troubleshooting process is completely new...
  3. Running into issues with a new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into issues with a new build: I recently built a system for a family member and he has been running into issues ever since. His main issues at the moment are CTDs, so my first instinct is a graphics card problem, but I haven't run into many build problems, so this troubleshooting process is completely new...
  4. Installing OS on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing OS on a new PC Build: Recently I’ve ordered pc parts to make a custom pc build and I have been struggling to find a way to install Win10 on it once I build it. I don’t have another computer to install a .iso file on a usb so I am pretty much clueless on how to install Win10. I tried researching...
  5. Install Windows on a New Build

Install Windows on a New Build: I'm working remotely because of COVID with my grandson to build a Windows computer. He is a real newbie and is paying for everything himself so I don't want to waste is money. Unfortunately, the case that he bought does not have the ability to mount a DVD drive. Being...
  6. New PC Build issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Build issues: Specs: ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, Viper Gaming 16GB Ram stick, Intel Core I5 9th gen processor, Took my old hard drives from other computer and brought them to the new computer. 1 SSDbootdrive 2 HDDs Problem: My computer is not giving an...
  7. windows install error on new build.

windows install error on new build.: I have just finished building a new pc and have tried installing windows 10 after selecting 64 bit setup it gives an error saying windows failed to start. the file is winload.efi and the error is 0xc000000d I don't understand as I have just finished building it all...
  8. Installation on a new build

Installation on a new build: Hi, just after some advice. I am looking to build a new PC, and wasn't planning to install a DVD drive. Can I install Windows 10 completely from the USB version, or will it still need to download most of the operating system? I would prefer not to connect to the internet...
  9. Stability issues with new Z390 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability issues with new Z390 build: Hi guys, I just got a new z390 build - Asus Z390 Prime-A, i7 8700, corsair 16gb 3200, samsung 970 EVO 512gb M2 NVME and Gigabyte Geforce 1060 6gb. I also added another old SATA SSD (connected as disk0 whereas the SAMSUNG M2 is connected as disk1 and the windows is...
  10. New Build Won't Install

New Build Won't Install: I'm currently running 11082 and Windows update is attempting to push 14257 out to me but it's failing to install. The update downloads ok, but when I restart I boot into the windows repair menu instead of the upgrade screen. I've tried to do an automatic repair, but when...