Windows 10: New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

Discus and support New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scintillation, May 4, 2021.

1. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns. It ran for 5 days without a crash until yesterday, when it froze when I tried to sleep the computer. Also I am getting WHEA Error Code 1 on every reboot. Version 20H2. I do not play games on this PC. Only web browsing, productivity, Visual Studio Code. V2 Log Collector: KENT-DESKTOP-(2021-04-15_15-18-12).zip - Google Drive Here is my build: System Builder - Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core, Radeon R7 250 2 GB, Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker They are all new except the GPU. WHEA Error Logs: WHEA.zip - Google Drive Event Viewer Logs: 4-14 Errors.evtx - Google Drive Error Pictures: Imgur: The magic of the Internet At first, I thought it was the graphics card (MSI R7 250 2GB), since it occasionally claims that amdkmdap has crashed. Nothing I have done fixes the issue. Steps I have taken: Rollback AMD Drivers to 19.12.3 Replace thermal paste on GPU. MSI Afterburner: 80% underclock on both VRAM and GPU. Increased fan speed to 55% Furmark stress test GPU for 30 mins; No crashes. Temp did go up to 65C, which is much higher than my usual. Intel Processor Diagnostic: Passed OCCT: 3D Test 30 Mins : Passed OCCT VRAM 95% Ram 1 hr: Passed OCCT Power 20 mins: Passed OCCT CPU : Large, extreme, variable : 20 mins Passed Remove XMP, clock RAM at 2666. Memtest86: 2 x 4 cycles Passed. I am at a loss as to what is causing these crashes/freezes. I feel like I have done the appropriate troubleshooting steps, yet I cannot find out the problem. Could it be GPU/RAM? Any help is appreciated.

:)

Scintillation, May 4, 2021

2. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns. It ran for 5 days without a crash until yesterday, when it froze when I tried to sleep the computer. Also I am getting WHEA Error Code 1 on every reboot. Version 20H2.

I do not play games on this PC. Only web browsing, productivity, Visual Studio Code.

V2 Log Collector: KENT-DESKTOP-(2021-04-15_15-18-12).zip - Google Drive

Here is my build: System Builder - Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core, Radeon R7 250 2 GB, Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop - PCPartPicker

They are all new except the GPU.

WHEA Error Logs: WHEA.zip - Google Drive

Event Viewer Logs: 4-14 Errors.evtx - Google Drive
    Error Pictures: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

At first, I thought it was the graphics card (MSI R7 250 2GB), since it occasionally claims that amdkmdap has crashed. Nothing I have done fixes the issue.

Steps I have taken:

Rollback AMD Drivers to 19.12.3

Replace thermal paste on GPU.

MSI Afterburner: 80% underclock on both VRAM and GPU. Increased fan speed to 55%

Furmark stress test GPU for 30 mins; No crashes. Temp did go up to 65C, which is much higher than my usual.

Intel Processor Diagnostic: Passed

OCCT: 3D Test 30 Mins : Passed

OCCT VRAM 95% Ram 1 hr: Passed

OCCT Power 20 mins: Passed

OCCT CPU : Large, extreme, variable : 20 mins Passed

Remove XMP, clock RAM at 2666.

Memtest86: 2 x 4 cycles Passed.

I am at a loss as to what is causing these crashes/freezes. I feel like I have done the appropriate troubleshooting steps, yet I cannot find out the problem.

Could it be GPU/RAM? Any help is appreciated.

Scintillation, May 4, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

Hello and welcome to Ten Forums *Smile

Thanks for providing the WHEA crash dump files - these show that there is a Boot failure:

Code:
    I think there is most likely a hardware problem and I would suggest you might want to return the motherboard under RMA just to rule out that it is not a motherboard failure. Since it is so new you should be able to do this. Hardware tests on all the other components seem to have passed.

philc43, May 4, 2021
  4. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

WHEA-Logger | Event ID 17 Issue

Lots of people with HP laptops latest 2017 releases have the same error WHEA logger event id 17 and I have that too.....

The WHEA logger error causes freezing whole laptop creating an error in event viewer

Tried some settings in advance power settings

Changing "Maximum Power savings" to "off" in PCI Express ----> LInk Power state management this fixed the error for a while but now i have spotted the error in every latest laptop that has Nvidia Geforce 940 mx graphic card

my laptop is

HP Pavilion x360 14-ba073tx and the same error was also repeated with my friends

Hp Pavilion 15-cc102tx

Can you help me ASAP

And also please explain in detail how to disable "WHEA logger error" as you done above

Thanks in advance

VENKATA RAJUPUTRA, May 4, 2021
Thema:

New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1

1. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 - Similar Threads - Build Nonstop issues

2. WHEA-Logger Error ID: 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Error ID: 1: Hello,I just had my pc build up recently, it works fine until today that my screen became super laggy all in a sudden. I was able to open up task manager and seemingly in the performance tab my CPU, RAM, GPU , SSD is working ok. I restarted my PC and everything gets back to...
  3. BSOD WHEA-Logger ID: 1

BSOD WHEA-Logger ID: 1: Hi,My computer goes into a BDOS a minute or so after booting.Can anyone help me understand what is causing this please and how to resolve.Link to the event viewer and dump at BSOD1810.zipThanks...
  4. WHEA-Logger Event ID 1

WHEA-Logger Event ID 1: System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger[ Guid]{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}EventID1Version0Level2Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000002-TimeCreated[ SystemTime]2023-03-24T01:24:27.5288830ZEventRecordID4168-Correlation[...
  5. WHEA-Logger event ID 1?

WHEA-Logger event ID 1?: So my laptop got WHEA-Logger event ID 1 everytime when I start my laptop in event viewer, it doesn't show any details that I understand it. Tried sfc scannow and dism restore health, not sure if that works. My laptop also occur BSOD sometimes when I'm only using Edge, it...
  6. Crash with WHEA Logger ID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash with WHEA Logger ID 1: Hi,I have a problem since 15 days, sometimes my pc is freezing while gaming, and i can't do nothing, just restart manually.It's seems to be a problem with WHEA Logger ID 1. Do you have a solution ?Here my register :Nom du journal :SecurityNom du journal :SystemSource :...
  7. WHEA-Logger error ID 1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WHEA-Logger error ID 1: Hi,In the begining of this year I had repeated issues at PC start ups where the windows loadingscreen froze. and twice BSOD with the error watchdog violation. So I did multiple resets that temporrarly fixed it. but after a windows update it would reoccur. So I looked on...
  8. WHEA-Logger error ID 1

WHEA-Logger error ID 1: Hi,In the begining of this year I had repeated issues at PC start ups where the windows loadingscreen froze. and twice BSOD with the error watchdog violation. So I did multiple resets that temporrarly fixed it. but after a windows update it would reoccur. So I looked on...
  9. New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 on every reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build: Nonstop issues with screen freezing, WHEA Logger ID #1 on every reboot: Hello, I built my computer exactly 1 month ago, and I would say on 10 days it has crashed by freezing the screen, no Blue Screen or forced shutdowns. It ran for 5 days without a crash until yesterday, when it froze when I tried to sleep the computer. Also I am getting WHEA...
  10. Whea logger id 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea logger id 1: Uncorrectable error -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}" /> <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level>...