Windows 10: New Build - Two Questions

Discus and support New Build - Two Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm in the process of building a new system, and I'm down to two final questions. I think I know the answer to both, but I am confirming for sure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DeaconFrost, Aug 15, 2017.

1. New Build - Two Questions

I'm in the process of building a new system, and I'm down to two final questions. I think I know the answer to both, but I am confirming for sure.

1) In my current build, I have a second 500 GB SSD used to hold my Steam, Origin, and Uplay games. If I were to run them from a spinner instead, the only thing affected would be the load times, correct? I'm not worried about overall system responsiveness, because the primary drive will be a Samsung 960 Pro 512 MB m.2.

2) The processor will be a 7700K. I don't plan to overclock, at least not right away. I'm stuck between a Cooler Master Hyper 212 and the Corsair H80i v2. I love the idea of a closed loop, easy to install water cooler, but I'm trying to decide if it is worth the nearly $75 difference in cost. I'm thinking of going air-cooled right away, since I can always swap it out later. I'm leary about water-cooling and leaks, but this isn't a system built by me...which is a positive.

Any thoughts?

:)

DeaconFrost, Aug 15, 2017
  2. JoeNamco Win User

My Windows App Store just disappeared and some crazy files had been added to my system after executing a command on powershell.

You are replying to a posting that is over two years old about an older build suggest that you post a new question with details about your issue and info about your system and which Windows 10 build that you are using.

JoeNamco, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Ray Hipkiss, Aug 15, 2017
  4. worf105 Win User

New Build - Two Questions

That is correct for question 1 and I would recommend going AIO water cooling from the start and for a few more £ I would recommend the H100i v2 or the H115i but that just me.

worf105, Aug 15, 2017
  5. The case I'm using, Corsair 300R, does have a slot on the top for connecting a two-fan radiator. That could be an option, and it only costs $5 more than the H80i v2.

DeaconFrost, Aug 15, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    Deacon, @worf105 is correct about #1. I moved my games to an SSD from a spinner. The only 'improvement' I saw was improved load times. No other improvements were noticed. Of course with the size of some of the newer games, load times can be slow even on an SSD.

essenbe, Aug 15, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    As one who went the opposite way... spinner to SSD drive, I can confirm you'll see no noticeable differences between SSD and HDD where gaming is concerned. I knew this going in when I decided to move from spinner to SSD but wanted to rid my system of HDD's, so I did. And yes, I have both Steam and Origin based games.

As for AIO's, having both the older (v1) H100i and the H115i, for non overclocking purposes the H100i is a great choice, and is cheaper and smaller than the recommended H115i. I had to mod my HAF X to fit the H115i since the radiator is bigger than the H100i (280mm vs. the H100i's 240mm).

Good luck.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Build - Two Questions

1. New Build - Two Questions - Similar Threads - Build Questions

2. Building a new Computer-Win 11 Install question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Building a new Computer-Win 11 Install question: I am building a new machine which will have 2- 1tb m.2 ssd drives and several HDD storage drives. Question is when to install Win 11. Do I install the primary m.2 drive that will be the C drive and install the OS or can I install both m.2 drives and the HDD drives before...
  3. Building a new Computer-Win 11 Install question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Building a new Computer-Win 11 Install question: I am building a new machine which will have 2- 1tb m.2 ssd drives and several HDD storage drives. Question is when to install Win 11. Do I install the primary m.2 drive that will be the C drive and install the OS or can I install both m.2 drives and the HDD drives before...
  4. New 12700K Build initial windows installation setup questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New 12700K Build initial windows installation setup questions: can I use my old windows 10 key to install windows 11 from a usb or do I need to buy a new os. Also how do I make sure all my drives are all GPT and Ueifi upon installation I want to use resizable bar and make sure my EFI BCD boot partion manager is only my OS drive I have...
  5. New 12700K Build initial windows installation setup questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New 12700K Build initial windows installation setup questions: can I use my old windows 10 key to install windows 11 from a usb or do I need to buy a new os. Also how do I make sure all my drives are all GPT and Ueifi upon installation I want to use resizable bar and make sure my EFI BCD boot partion manager is only my OS drive I have...
  6. Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Building a new rig: Question on PCI Express 3.0 x 16 video card compatibility with new...: I’m building a new rig (every 5 years) and have a question regarding compatibility. Currently; I have the video card which is the, “MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI”. I have not yet used it because the PCI Express 3.0 x 16 slot of my MB has failed....
  7. Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 Out of Support Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 Out of Support Question: Hi everyone,I've got a computer which does not connect online. It is a Windows 10 Pro Build 1909. I've been performing regular offline cumulative updates to ensure security patches are up to date. As Microsoft announced it will no longer have cumulative updates for Build 1909...
  8. Building new PC giving current PC to wife - Windows license questions.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building new PC giving current PC to wife - Windows license questions.: I'm about to build a new gaming PC for myself and my wife will be taking over my current PC. As part of my new build I purchased a fresh Windows 10 home retail license/digital download and was curious as to the best way to handle my situation as far as Windows is concerned....
  9. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...
  10. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...