Windows 10: New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting

Discus and support New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have run out of ideas--my Ryzen 9 build (mobo is MSIMEG x570 Ace) is sort of working, but has keyboard delay (I can type 8 - 10 characters before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by voltan, Jan 12, 2020.

1. voltan Win User

New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting

I have run out of ideas--my Ryzen 9 build (mobo is MSIMEG x570 Ace) is sort of working, but has keyboard delay (I can type 8 - 10 characters before they appear on the screen) is sometimes in seconds. Mouse clicks on anything sometimes delay for 2-3 seconds. The delays are inconsistent and seem to increase as a function of how long the computer has been running since its last boot. At the same time, simple game play is often impossible, because the screen will freeze for a second or two, leaving a jeking effect. Mouse and key delays go along with the unstable screen.

I have tried 2 different keyboards, 3 different GPUs, and 3 mice. All behave the same way. I have looked for help via the web and tried everything I could find. Nothing worked. I have gone over the Windows settings for keyboard; updated the video card driver; flashed the mobo to the latest BIOS. I have scanned for viruses with Windows Defender, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Panda's web based scanner. My full system description is up to date in the personal info location here.

I installed Windows with MS's help, since I was moving a license. They had to change the Win 10 pro to Win 10 home, since my initial version (Win 7) was a home version. After some time, they got it going and I have not attempted to reinstall it. The version is 1909. My older computers are using 1809. This was a clean install; nothing (programs) was moved from an older computer, it was all installed from the sources. Any of my old computers will outperform the new one. I fear I have spent a lot of money to build a high performance machine, only to have build something that barely works. [I have built 7-8 computers and had relatively few problems with them.]

I tried doing a bulk update of drivers, using a program that is supposed to find and update them. The result was so unstable that I had to reinstall an image of the OS made before the changes. Most of the drivers in question are for things that are only occasionally used. The delays are always present. I called MSI and their tech guy said that if Windows loaded, it was not their motherboard causing a problem. It is easy to blame the other guy. No help from MSI.

Temperatures are 34 to 36C. The SSD (SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB) is partitioned about 40% for the OS + programs and 60% for data.

I have no idea if the problem is with Windows or hardware. Any suggestions?

:)

voltan, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 12, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jan 12, 2020
  4. New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting

1. New build unstable after lots of troubleshooting - Similar Threads - build unstable lots

2. New Computer, custom shop build, lots of crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer, custom shop build, lots of crashing: Got a build from microcenter recently, EVGA 3080 FTW3 12gb, MAG X570S Tomahawk motherboard, and some Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM, seemed to function fine, then while playing 40k Daemonhunters, started getting FREQUENT crashes, and then a gpu crash.Tried messing with Precision...
  3. New Computer, custom shop build, lots of crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer, custom shop build, lots of crashing: Got a build from microcenter recently, EVGA 3080 FTW3 12gb, MAG X570S Tomahawk motherboard, and some Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM, seemed to function fine, then while playing 40k Daemonhunters, started getting FREQUENT crashes, and then a gpu crash.Tried messing with Precision...
  4. A lot of BSOD after new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of BSOD after new pc: Hi folks. hard time here in my pc.This is a brand new computer and i stayed in my old PSU 750w Corsair and old GPU Nvidia 1050 TINew specs are: i9 12-900KF, SSD 500GB NVMe, Memory Kingston 16GB 5200Mhz DDR5, MB ROG STRIX B660-Gall drivers and windows are updated.Constantly im...
  5. A lot of BSOD after new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of BSOD after new pc: Hi folks. hard time here in my pc.This is a brand new computer and i stayed in my old PSU 750w Corsair and old GPU Nvidia 1050 TINew specs are: i9 12-900KF, SSD 500GB NVMe, Memory Kingston 16GB 5200Mhz DDR5, MB ROG STRIX B660-Gall drivers and windows are updated.Constantly im...
  6. Windows 10: Camera not working after lots of troubleshooting Acer Aspire - BRAND NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Camera not working after lots of troubleshooting Acer Aspire - BRAND NEW LAPTOP: Hello,My new Acer Aspire 5 laptop - Win 10's camera is not working.The camera opens, but refuses to show anything, my face etc. When I try to take a photo, it freezes and then has this error code:It also does not work in online webcam mode Teams, Zoom, etc.What have I done?*...
  7. New PC build unstable running Directx12 possible hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC build unstable running Directx12 possible hardware issue: I completed this build about a week ago but recently have started to notice instability when gaming. When playing World of Warcraft in DX12, the game will minimize every so often and sometimes the mouse cursor will go away. When trying Minecraft RTX, the screen will turn...
  8. BSOD crash after new pc build, troubleshooting and updating led no where.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crash after new pc build, troubleshooting and updating led no where.: Hey everyone! Just built a new pc and soon after I started getting BSOD crashes with multiple different causes such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL APC_INDEX_MISMATCH KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY included is a google drive folder containing...
  9. BSOD on new build. crashes constantly. Very unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on new build. crashes constantly. Very unstable: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X X570 phantom gaming 4S Mboard GEForce 1660 TI graphics Windows 10 Pro version 2004 161488
  10. Need help troubleshooting unstable windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help troubleshooting unstable windows 10: After bulding a new machine and installing Windows 10 i get sudden crashes (blue screen). Sometimes while doing anythigna and sometimes without any user input. Id like to ask for help in starting to trouble shoot. Ive got the event viewer and logs but i am not really sure...