Windows 10: New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash

Discus and support New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LkjcvW **Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.** Just built this last night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Prelate, May 15, 2020.

1. Prelate Win User

New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LkjcvW

**Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.**

Just built this last night and installed Windows 10 Home on my SSD. All seemed to be going well. Unfortunately, after 5-10 minutes of use, it will either freeze forever or crash. When it crashes, sometimes I get the BSoD and it says "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". When it freeze, nothing. I really have no clue what the problem is as I followed multiple guides when putting the parts together. Per the crashdump, ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the driver causing it?

**List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.**

Here’s a list of everything I’ve tried:

Updated Motherboard’s Driver

Updated BIOS

Checked hardware cables/RAM were properly installed

Ran Memtest 4 passes, no errors at all

Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, no problems

In BIOS turned on XMP for “1”

Reinstalled Windows 10

Tried to do Windows Updates there are some but obviously the crashes present it. For some
    reason I have no internet in safemode with networking, despite having both wireless and wired and
    disabling them to see if the other worked.

Ran the System File Checker no problems

RAM runs at 3200 MHZ, CPU is 1.256V

Attached are three crash dumps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztOT8vgLfUhZ9tJ5M6N1ZeGWr5GWF7KF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3WOMWMr_PvnTZVrXo3YM2PXzWKugaBx/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztOT8vgLfUhZ9tJ5M6N1ZeGWr5GWF7KF/view?usp=sharing

Any help is massively appreciated!

:)

Prelate, May 15, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 15, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 15, 2020
  4. beeze Win User

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. New Built PC freeze 5 minutes after use and "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_" crash - Similar Threads - Built freeze minutes

2. New built crashes, freezes and restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New built crashes, freezes and restarts: Hello, i reinstaled my win 10 on brand new build to win 11 and sometimes i got slow stutters, sometimes out of nowhere random black screens on both monitors, sometimes is just restarts itself and sometimes in just freezes and crash or freezes and i have to turn it of.I have...
  3. New built crashes, freezes and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New built crashes, freezes and restarts: Hello, i reinstaled my win 10 on brand new build to win 11 and sometimes i got slow stutters, sometimes out of nowhere random black screens on both monitors, sometimes is just restarts itself and sometimes in just freezes and crash or freezes and i have to turn it of.I have...
  4. Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes: Hi there,I've recently built a new PC and noticed that my computer would start freezing and restarting randomly. It happened at around 4am when the computer wasn't in use and then has happened twice on seperate days while working on my PC. I noticed that the taskbar and my...
  5. Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes

Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes: Hi there,I've recently built a new PC and noticed that my computer would start freezing and restarting randomly. It happened at around 4am when the computer wasn't in use and then has happened twice on seperate days while working on my PC. I noticed that the taskbar and my...
  6. Windows Taskbar freezes. the PC restarts after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Built new pc but it constantly freezes

Built new pc but it constantly freezes: Hello,I've recently built a new pc but every so often the display freezes and I can't do anything other than force shut down the system via the power on button. I went to the sysinfo to check for crashes but I can't find any information there last event is the force shut...
  8. PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.: Thread in driver message appears with BSOD. New PC, updated, reformatted, updated again, stripped, updated. CONSTANTLY CRASHING THE MORE I DO TO FIX IT AND THE PC MANUFACTURER 5 year warranty with IRONSIDES REFUSES TO CONTACT OR HELP ME FOR 6+ MONTHS NOW. Sorry for yelling,...
  9. Bsod crashing pc after 5 minutes. Ntoskrnl.exe driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod crashing pc after 5 minutes. Ntoskrnl.exe driver.: So i got this issue after updating a driver the other day and now even after replacing the memory, motherboard and ssd, it still doesnt work and i get the same issue. Does anyone know what to do or if i have to replace the graphics card or cpu yet....
  10. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay: Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back...