Windows 10: New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers

Discus and support New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just built a new PC for the first time, It booted, everything lights up, fans all fine yey. All parts are new, I installed windows 10 via USB boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by onechu, Mar 2, 2021.

1. onechu Win User

New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers

I've just built a new PC for the first time, It booted, everything lights up, fans all fine yey. All parts are new, I installed windows 10 via USB boot drive. However whenever I try to install a driver, for example NVIDIA drivers or the AMD chipset I get a BSOD, it also sometimes happen on boot. BSOD does not happen when I'm just browsing the internet. Please help, not sure what else to do.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
    • EVGA Nvidia 3070
    • MSI B550 Gaming edge
    • Gskills 16 2x8 DDR4 3600 CLL16
    • Cosair 650w 80+ GOLD

I have done:
    • Checked BIOS and windows manager to ensure all devices especially the ram is detected and installed
    • Updated motherboard BIOS using USB flash
    • Reinserting the RAM, using only one RAM, swapping RAMs to different slots
    • Windows memory diagnostics, Memtest - no error
    • Reinstalling windows from USB along with formatting / removing partitions and trying different USB devices
    • Installing windows on both SSD M.2 and HDD

DUMP file summary from WhoCrashed

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys win32kfull+0x17DCD7

Bugcheck code: 0x197 0x1, 0xFFFF9FA800831540, 0xFFFF9FA800C00A80, 0x1

Error: WIN32K_SECURITY_FAILURE

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates a security failure was detected in win32k.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210

Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFD76B80104000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8042F8E9A68

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210

Bugcheck code: 0x13A 0x12, 0xFFFF96BD40200100, 0xFFFF96BD40655000, 0x0

Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

onechu, Mar 2, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 2, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 2, 2021
  4. New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers

1. New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers - Similar Threads - built BSOD often

2. BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD: Hello there. I have troubles installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.I bought new SSD - Samsung 870 QVO 1TB. I replaced my old SSD on my laptop - ASUS ROG G55vw with the Samsung one. I made bootable USB with official Windows 10 installation. I checked if Samsung's SSD firmware is...
  3. BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD: Hello there. I have troubles installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.I bought new SSD - Samsung 870 QVO 1TB. I replaced my old SSD on my laptop - ASUS ROG G55vw with the Samsung one. I made bootable USB with official Windows 10 installation. I checked if Samsung's SSD firmware is...
  4. BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode. When it tries to boot from the USB I get a message "Windows boot manager - Windows Failed to start. A recent hardware change........."If I change it to legacy mode it boots to setup but I don't want legacy mode.Any...
  6. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode. When it tries to boot from the USB I get a message "Windows boot manager - Windows Failed to start. A recent hardware change........."If I change it to legacy mode it boots to setup but I don't want legacy mode.Any...
  7. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc in UEFI mode

8. Installing drivers on a home built brand new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing drivers on a home built brand new pc: Hello, yesterday i built my first pc, and was able to install windows 10 onto it. this evening i booted it up in order to install drivers, however i could not connect to the internet.The pc has an ethernet connection, so i assume the reason is that i am yet to install a...
  9. Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...

Windows 10 wont install to a fresh new built PC. The screen freezes when I try to install...: I just built a new PC and tried to install windows 10. The computer recognizes the chip. And i get to chose which language i will install Windows in ect, but when i come to installing windows the computer freezes. Is it something wrong with the chip? I have the windows chip....
  10. New built PC gets BSOD often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New built PC gets BSOD often: Not sure why but the PC I just built is getting the BSOD quite often with 2 different error codes. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR and one other but it is more rare so I forget what it states. Here are the system specs ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Mobo ASUS ROG Strix...