Windows 10: New camera raw files not recognized

Discus and support New camera raw files not recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks, I recently purchased a new Canon camera. I've always used Canon only. I shoot exclusively in the raw format. (CR2). Windows 10 photos opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rusty post, Sep 10, 2018.

1. New camera raw files not recognized

Hey folks, I recently purchased a new Canon camera. I've always used Canon only. I shoot exclusively in the raw format. (CR2). Windows 10 photos opens the images from my 4 year old Canon, but will not with my new Canon. I get the following message. -
    New camera raw files not recognized [​IMG]
    .. I'm not very techie, but I did look to see if there was a codec package update for Windows 10. No such animal. This is not a critical problem, as my photo editing program opens up the files with no problem It's just nice previewing and culling the images I don't want in Windows photo viewer before I go any further. Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers, Rusty.

:)

rusty post, Sep 10, 2018
  2. D_979 Win User

Will Windows 10 support Camera Raw files

Will the new Windows 10 finally support Raw camera files? For the love of pete us photographers would be SO grateful if it did! Anyone know? Windows read my older cameras RAW files but once I upgraded my camera it couldn't hang with the RAW and won't read
    it. I am so hopeful this will come with the new upgrade!!

D_979, Sep 10, 2018
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

OK I got this fully working.

To view only .jpg files in folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.jpg in the search box. You will then see all your jpeg's with the camera raw files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

To view only camera raw (.cr2) files in a folder containing jpg and camera raw

1. In File Explorer, navigate to folder containing photos that you wish to view.
    2. In File Explorer, type *.cr2 in the search box. You will then see all your camera raw files with the jpeg files absent.
    3. Click on any file in the search results, to start Photo Viewer.

It really is that simple. No registry edits needed. *chuckle

iko22, Sep 10, 2018
  4. New camera raw files not recognized

Windows 10 RAW file codec pack

Hi all

I have just bought a new camera, a Panasonic G80, (same as G85 in America) but found the Explorer cannot display the RAW file thumbnails or view the files, I have no issues with the files produced by my older Panasonic cameras, so guess I need a new RAW
    codec.

Is there an update RAW codec pack available from MS for the many new cameras that have hit the market this last year.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

Paul19581958, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

New camera raw files not recognized

1. New camera raw files not recognized - Similar Threads - camera raw files

2. File RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File RAW: Mi si dice che nel PC c'è una raccolta di file RAW, ma io finora non l'ho trovata. Chi mi sa dire qualcosa? Grazie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-raw/e1b498f5-d80e-460e-8834-c5de98fb08a3
  3. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  4. CAMERA NOT RECOGNIZED

CAMERA NOT RECOGNIZED: ERROR SAYS "CAMERA NOT FOUND". ALL PRIVACY AND APP SETTING CHECKED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-recognized/4c8830b5-c972-47d8-a9d9-3718b4919bde
  5. Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't accept RAW files from my Canon camera: What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to accept RAW file formats when reading discs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-raw-files-from-my-canon-camera/cf9faad2-7ba3-416b-801c-8c5499f75a68
  6. Camera not recognized

Camera not recognized: Some time in the last 10 days, Windows 10 stopped recognizing my Canon camera. I connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable when I wish to upload new pictures. Now, however, when I connect the camera and turn it on, the camera displays "Communication error". When I open...
  7. Camera Raw

Camera Raw: How to view Sony A7iii Raw files with windows 10 the code pack do not list the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-raw/f869d8a3-e416-4ee3-b2aa-a797dfdf09bf
  8. WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10 Photo Viewer RAW Camera Files: I recently bought a new Sony Mirrorless Camera that has .ARW RAW photo files. Windows 10 Photo viewer says "It looks like we don't support this file format" when I try to open them. The strange thing is before I bought this new camera, I used a different Sony Mirrorless...
  9. Camera Raw Codec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Raw Codec: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  10. Veiwing RAW camera files for Windoes 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Veiwing RAW camera files for Windoes 10: Hello, Has anyone figured out how to view raw camera files on Windows 10 yet? I have read all the community chatter and tried all the suggestions with no luck. Anyone been successful? I understand this is a big issue, so, Microsoft why haven't you fixed it or when is this...