Windows 10: New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

Discus and support New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer. I have the updated firmware for my Canon camera, but after downloading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BethHostetler, Nov 22, 2019.

1. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer. I have the updated firmware for my Canon camera, but after downloading to my computer and opening file explorer it shows Icons only and not a thumbnail of the picture. I have made sure that the "uncheck icons button and show thumbnails is correct in file setup, but the folder still does not show thumbnails. All other file extensions except cr3 show thumbnails. What do I need to do to get thumbnails to show for cr3 file extensions. Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

BethHostetler, Nov 22, 2019

2. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer?

MarkO'Reilly4, Nov 22, 2019
  3. ste0 Win User
    PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

In Acrobat Reader DC, go to Preferences > General and then select Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

This should show thumbnails in File Explorer. For some reason, my selection got turned off (not by me). Check your settings again. I have done this same step for numerous computers now, and so far they all work.

The first time you do this, Adobe Reader DC actually has a pop-up saying something like installing a add-on or extension. If you don't see this, then I suggest a reinstall of the latest DC.

4. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

File extensions in thumbnails

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Open File Explorer Options.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do. (see screenshot below)

3. To Turn On Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer

NOTE: This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the View tab, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails, check Display file icon on thumbnails, and click/tap on OK.

4. To Turn Off Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer

A) Click/tap on the View tab, check Always show icons, never thumbnails, and click/tap on OK.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

1. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer - Similar Threads - Canon file extension

2. Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer: I bought myself a Canon R5 camera. But .CR3 files don't show thumbnails in Windows 10/11 file explorer. Raw Image Extension does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-files-not-show-thumbnails-in-windows-10/08210827-c15c-436b-87cc-a55bebfc995b
  3. Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon .CR3 files not show thumbnails in Windows 10 / Windows 11 file explorer: I bought myself a Canon R5 camera. But .CR3 files don't show thumbnails in Windows 10/11 file explorer. Raw Image Extension does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-files-not-show-thumbnails-in-windows-10/08210827-c15c-436b-87cc-a55bebfc995b
  4. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  5. Thumbnails not showing in file explorer

Thumbnails not showing in file explorer: I don't know if this is still happening to anyone else but recently all the thumbnails/icons for my files are not showing up. It happened either late last night or earlier today out of the blue and nothing is working to fix it. Does anyone know any methods to fix the issue?...
  6. Canon cr2+cr3 files

Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  7. File Explorer is not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer is not showing thumbnails: My Canon camera has the updated firmware. When I downloaded to the PC and opened the File Explorer, I saw just icons rather than thumbnails. It is Canon RP file extension cr3. Other file extensions show thumbnails. How to solve this problem??...
  8. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  9. Canon CR3 RAW FIles

Canon CR3 RAW FIles: How do I view a Canon CR3 RAW File in Windows 10 (64bit) Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-raw-files/e35f411e-8b08-4174-86d6-e90c94e2c1bc"
  10. File extensions in thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    File extensions in thumbnails: How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions-in-thumbnails/60c16d23-78a2-4f20-8d0b-919f35e4679e