Windows 10: new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

Discus and support new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought 2 new case fans and installed them as soon as I turned on to test them out my HDD I have SSD for windows 10 keeps on disconnecting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LocN2, Mar 28, 2020.

1. LocN2 Win User

new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

I bought 2 new case fans and installed them as soon as I turned on to test them out my HDD I have SSD for windows 10 keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting itself. I uninstalled the fans and still getting this issue. windows pop says to scan for errors for drive but can't scan at all.

:)

LocN2, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 28, 2020
  4. new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

1. new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD - Similar Threads - case fans causing

2. hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything: this issue has never happened to me before and ive had this hdd for 4 years ive tried many things and none of them seem to workinfo:its a seagate 1tb barracuda hdd disk type: NTFSthings ive tried:checked the health of the hdd on 2 different programs the health is goodchanged...
  3. hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything: this issue has never happened to me before and ive had this hdd for 4 years ive tried many things and none of them seem to workinfo:its a seagate 1tb barracuda hdd disk type: NTFSthings ive tried:checked the health of the hdd on 2 different programs the health is goodchanged...
  4. hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  6. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  7. Case Fans Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  8. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552
  9. USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles

USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles: Hey all, It's my first post here, so I'll try to be as helpful in my explanations as possible. Basically I'm running Windows 10 64-bit (free download version) and am trying to use my HTC ONE (m7) with Trinus VR. For the least latency I'm trying to use it through USB...
  10. case fan connectors

case fan connectors: ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo i7-3770K 16 GB RAM My final build and almost done. The case has a 120mm fan that has both a 4-Pin molex connector and a 3-Pin chassis fan connector I'm thinking I only need to plug one in. The 4-pin connector will be continuous fan or the 3-pin...