Windows 10: New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly

Discus and support New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Essentially the title explains the issue. I bought a new case b/c my old case's audio jacks went out. (I wanted to upgrade to a full tower anyways)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ulthraun, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Ulthraun Win User

New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly

Essentially the title explains the issue. I bought a new case b/c my old case's audio jacks went out. (I wanted to upgrade to a full tower anyways) Rebuilt my computer into the new case, audio in the back works perfectly fine, but audio in the front only works in the right side. I've tested the headset on multiple devices and it works perfectly fine. I don't however have multiple headsets to test the front panel.

What I've checked;

-Drivers
    -To see if the cable is firmly plugged in (I don't think I would be getting any sound if it wasn't)
    -cleaned both audio jacks, didn't make a difference
    -Speaker properties to see if the levels were correct
    -Realtek audio manager to see if levels were correct
    -No enhancements in either properies or manager are enabled.
    -I used the troubleshooter, didn't work

Specs;
    i5 3.00 Ghz core
    MSI Z77A-G41
    960 Nvidia GTX 3.5GB
    Corsair 850w power supply
    120GB SSD
    2TB HDD

:)

Ulthraun, Dec 23, 2017

2. Front Panel Intel(R) High Definition Audio not detected by Windows 10

Upon upgrading to Windows 10, the Front Panel 3.5mm Audio Jack is no longer detected or functions on the OS.

Case: http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/P280_manual_EN.pdf

It is not listed in the Sound>Playback devices

• Show Disabled & Disconnected Devices are both checked on, so it isn't disabled.
    • The Speakers Properties 'Jack Information' says 'Rear Panel 3.5mm Jack' and functions properly, so audio isn't muted.
    • Front Panel Microphone is still listed on the Sound>Recording devices and functions properly, so it is detecting the panel.
    • The Microphone Properties 'Jack Information' says 'Front Panel 3.5mm Jack' but displays both audio input from
      rear and front.
    When booting up on another OS, on the same computer that is not Windows 10, the front panel audio jack is detected and functions normally.

Lawrence2010_15, Dec 23, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Realtek HD audio speakers "Not plugged in"

If your case has two front panel audio connection options, did you use the
    HD audio
    motherboard connector ?

AC97 is 'legacy' and may not work on some current motherboards.

( There may also be an option to switch between HD and AC97 in the Realtek audio manager, or BIOS

when using an HD audio connector. If your Realtek audio manager has this option, play around with

this for different results with the other settings that control front and back panels )

- Do either speaker or headphone show in Device Manager, Control Panel > Sound,

and the Realtek audio manager ?

'I have like 2 headphones plugged in and two front speakers '

- Start out with either speakers, or a headphone until you get the audio going.

Use the rear outputs for the speakers, and front for headphones.

I would be inclined to try and get the rear speaker output going first because it is connected

directly to the motherboard.

BossDweeb, Dec 23, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Check the connections on the motherboard are correct?

clam1952, Dec 23, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Ulthraun Win User
    I have it plugged in correctly, but I'll double check it to confirm it to absolutely mark it off.

*Update*
    So I unplugged it, checked for bent prongs, any corrosion (Its a old motherboard), it was plugged in correctly, but I went ahead and plugged it back in like I had it. However, it works now, but here is the weird thing. I have a splitter designed for a phone, but the audio input is the same 2 ring, 3.5mm jack. This is where it gets interesting, with the splitter, the left works, but the right doesn't, where before it was the opposite with the splitter. I need the splitter to be a ble to use my mic. (Razor blackshark)

Ulthraun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New case. Front Panel audio output not functioning properly - Similar Threads - case Front Panel

2. 3.5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 3.5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  3. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  4. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

6. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  7. Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Not Working on Front and Back Panel: Good Day,I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.What's weird and confusing are these findings-...
  8. Front panel audio not working

Front panel audio not working: So, just like my last PC case, my front panel audio for some reason isn't working, I thought it was my PC case, but i have gotten an entirely new case, and motherboard. I have triple checked that all front panel devices are in fact plugged in. Uninstalled my sound drivers,...
  9. realtek front panel no audio

realtek front panel no audio: so i just make my first pc build. and after everything thing i found out that the front panel audio and mic are not working. first of, even after updating it it did not install realtek hd audio manager. so i found it downloaded it. and after when i did open, it was opened in...
  10. Games Are Not Functioning Properly in Terms of Audio Output

Games Are Not Functioning Properly in Terms of Audio Output: OK, I downloaded a free game from the Microsoft Store. Once I run it, the game doesn't show that the audio is working. I tried to set it in-game to MAX, but the speakers built into my DELL Inspiron laptop doesn't work correctly. Any help here?...