Windows 10: New Case issues: PC will not restart

Discus and support New Case issues: PC will not restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an old AMD system that has performed flawlessly for over 10 years. I awarded it with a new case from Fractal Designs the other day. Plug and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gsindela, Feb 25, 2019.

1. gsindela Win User

New Case issues: PC will not restart

I have an old AMD system that has performed flawlessly for over 10 years. I awarded it with a new case from Fractal Designs the other day. Plug and play, right? Wrong.

Had numerous bugs, most of which are solved. However, I cannot restart the system.

I can power down and power back up with no issues.

When I "restart," I get the blue screen that says Windows is shutting down, the screen goes black, and the whole system becomes unresponsive (but the power is still on). To solve the issue, I'm forced to hold down the power button on the case until it powers down completely, then I can power back up.

All help is tremendously appreciated!!! What can I do to solve this restart issue? -Gordon.

PS - I've searched this forum and others with no solution. I've tried to disable the "Fast Start" option, but that was no help.

:)

gsindela, Feb 25, 2019

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Feb 25, 2019
  3. midgo Win User
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Feb 25, 2019
  4. New Case issues: PC will not restart

little cat, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

New Case issues: PC will not restart

1. New Case issues: PC will not restart - Similar Threads - Case issues restart

2. Random PC Restarts new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC Restarts new PC build: Hello, my PC randomly restarts usually shortly after coming out of sleep/hibernation or after just being turned on.There is no blue screen and when I go into the event view it shows Event ID: 41 Task Category 63 Kernel-Power.After doing some hardware testing re-seating all...
  3. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  4. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  5. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Transferred PC Components into new case/motherboard, constant BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transferred PC Components into new case/motherboard, constant BSODs.: Hello, I desperately need help. A few days ago, I bought a new case, CPU cooler, fans and a new motherboard, and transferred everything else from my old PC, including SSD, Hard Drive, CPU, RAM, etc. I plugged it all up and made the mistake of booting into Windows from the SSD...
  7. Restart issue with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart issue with new laptop: I just got a new laptop, last Wednesday, but every few minutes it just restarts, I've look at the event viewer and haven't seen anything and I have also run diagnostics on my hardware and haven't found anything. I've tried reinstalling Windows but that doesn't help. The model...
  8. Microsoft issued case number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft issued case number: I spoke with an tech agent at microsoft and was givin a case number. What do i do with it? My problem is still not solved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-issued-case-number/99a856d8-beb6-4b30-8194-d59f89b09b36
  9. New PC issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC issues: Hey all, I recently bought a second-hand pc. When turned on, it displays the Dell logo (Dell Optiplex 780) and then proceeds to the windows setup. When at the windows setup, it asks me for my region. This would all be fine except that my mouse and keyboard both appear to be...
  10. PC Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Restart Issue: I tried resetting my computer with keeping the files and it gave me a screen saying that I need to connect to WiFi to continue. I've done what the screen said and tried plugging in an ethernet cord to connect. I hit next and after 10 minutes it goes back to that screen. HELP...