Windows 10: New Chrome Icon?

Discus and support New Chrome Icon? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just noticed a new icon in the top rhs of the Chrome window when streaming content like BBC Sounds. What's the 'music' icon for and when did it first... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

New Chrome Icon?

I just noticed a new icon in the top rhs of the Chrome window when streaming content like BBC Sounds. What's the 'music' icon for and when did it first appear?

New Chrome Icon? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 12, 2020
  4. gasolin Win User

New Chrome Icon?

No outlook.com app shortcut icon in chrome

Uninstalling chrome make's the chrome Outlook.com app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hotmail checker i use, disappear from chrome as a shortcut next to the star button for bookmarks and the settings button where i have adblock and google chromecast icon

How do i get it back, i use windows 8.1 64 bit, extremly annoying that i can't get this icon,button back in chrome, please help me *Smile New Chrome Icon? :)

gasolin, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

New Chrome Icon?

1. New Chrome Icon? - Similar Threads - Chrome Icon

2. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  3. Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome's tab group icons are enlarged: Hello, reposting from Google Chrome Help since I got no replies, so I was wondering if it's a Windows issue/feature. The post was locked and got 19 upvotes. This occured on Dec 6th 2023.The icons of my Chrome tab groups have WIDENED. I'm not sure when this happened or what I...
  4. Adobe files display with Chrome icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe files display with Chrome icon: I've had to reinstall Windows 11 and for some reason my Adobe Acrobat files all now have the Chrome my chosen browswer icon, even though I don't think they're opening in Chrome. I've looked and looked and can't find a way to change the pdf icon on these files, either...
  5. Adobe files display with Chrome icon

Adobe files display with Chrome icon: I've had to reinstall Windows 11 and for some reason my Adobe Acrobat files all now have the Chrome my chosen browswer icon, even though I don't think they're opening in Chrome. I've looked and looked and can't find a way to change the pdf icon on these files, either...
  6. Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...

Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...: I restarted my computer for a windows update and afterwards I noticed that the text under my desktop icons and well as the text in my google chrome tabs are visibly smaller. I don't know what's going on because I never messed with the fonts before. How do I change it back?...
  7. Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...: I restarted my computer for a windows update and afterwards I noticed that the text under my desktop icons and well as the text in my google chrome tabs are visibly smaller. I don't know what's going on because I never messed with the fonts before. How do I change it back?...
  8. Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...: First I searched the forum.. see that this problem has been around since 2022. I've also tried all the "fixes" listed in these posts.I even reset the PC, from Windows Cloud so it's up to date as far as today. I cleaned the drive for this install. I checked for...
  9. Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...

Windows 11 - Taskbar icon to google chrome missing/replaced with a default app icon on a...: First I searched the forum.. see that this problem has been around since 2022. I've also tried all the "fixes" listed in these posts.I even reset the PC, from Windows Cloud so it's up to date as far as today. I cleaned the drive for this install. I checked for...
  10. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....