Windows 10: New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database

Discus and support New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new trojan has been discovered that attempts to steal passwords stored in the Google Chrome browser. While this is nothing unique, what stands out is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database

:)

Brink, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Epic Games Forums Hacked; Over 800,000 Passwords Stolen

What they are really saying is : they stole the user database but we don't store passwords, we store password hashes ... emails will be added to all global spam lists though.

BiggieShady, Nov 30, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. New Chrome Password Stealer Sends Stolen Data to a MongoDB Database - Similar Threads - Chrome Password Stealer

2. STOLEN DATAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOLEN DATAS: all thigs was good until i used widows security, after the search ends my programs have been messing and a lot of my other big applications luchers exe have been moved away and this message in a text file have replaced them : Don't worry, you can return all your files! All...
  3. STOLEN DATAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOLEN DATAS: all thigs was good until i used widows security, after the search ends my programs have been messing and a lot of my other big applications luchers exe have been moved away and this message in a text file have replaced them : Don't worry, you can return all your files! All...
  4. STOLEN DATAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HELP! SYNCED DATA ON STOLEN COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! SYNCED DATA ON STOLEN COMPUTER: I apologize in advance this is the first time I have ever posted a question or have been part of the "community" with microsoft. I recently had two computers for work and school, but unfortunately, my Gateway Windows 10 was stolen and it had stuff synced. I am not sure what...
  6. Password Stealer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Stealer: Received a notice that a Password Stealer was on my computer and now I have a red X over my virus and threat protection. I have tried to remove, quarantine, and even run Microsoft Defender offline but it never goes away. Remediation shows incomplete and nothing I do will get...
  7. Is my data being stolen???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my data being stolen???: Ok, so I recently had a virus that used up a lot of my storage by redownloading itself over and over again. I removed most of the virus manually. Now a lot of that storage is back but I've noticed that very slowly I am gaining storage and I'm wondering if there is something...
  8. Was my password stolen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was my password stolen?: I got a notification from my Microsoft authenticator app saying my email tried to login on Windows 10. I was not on my computer and it was off. I immediately went to the authenticator app and the option that came up was to select an option, three were numbers and the last...
  9. Installing MongoDB on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing MongoDB on windows: I am having this error for few days and i have tried all possible solutions to make it work but still i cant install mongoDB. moreover i am the administrator of my laptop and i have access as administrator then why is this showing me the following message . any help would...
  10. Diagnostic Data Viewer Database Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostic Data Viewer Database Files: I recently investigated using the Diagnostic Data Viewer on my Dell Inspiron 3670. I decided not to use it and deleted the downloaded app from my Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.752 x64 system. However, I'm still generating it's database files - [ATTACH] and would like to...