Windows 10: New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive

Discus and support New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cloned my C drive to a new SSD (old C drive is now E:) Everything in the start menu that requires app data eg Backup is pointing to APPDATA in E... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Colink, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Colink Win User

New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive

I cloned my C drive to a new SSD (old C drive is now ENew Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive :)

Everything in the start menu that requires app data eg Backup is pointing to APPDATA in E drive not C drive, where there is an up to date copy.

How do I globally change Windows to look at C:\Users\(username)\appdata?

I have found several posts here and elsewhere about changing the location of APPDATA but do not think that is what I need.

Thanks

:)

Colink, Mar 21, 2021

2. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive?

JerryMcGraw, Mar 21, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

Easily.

Most new retail hard drives come with cloning software and complete instructions. Drive manufacturers know that this is the primary reason people buy hard drives in the first place, so they give you instructions, software and extensive help on their websites.

However, the new hard drive's manufacturer can't help with opening up your laptop and removing the old drive. The manufacturer of your laptop has that information.

BulldogXX, Mar 21, 2021
  4. New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive

%appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

I have found some discussions on this but none are very clear.

It seems that the only way to access a profile on the old drive is through %appdata% from the Run menu.

The run then %appdata% works on my current machine.

But I have not been able to figure out how to search for %appdata%
    in the old drive from the new drive.

Maybe there is some way to do this from the command line?

Any tips for making the transfers?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mikeincousa, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive

1. New Cloned Drive - apps that require APPDATA are pointing to old drive - Similar Threads - Cloned Drive apps

2. AppData- Apps installed on a pen drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppData- Apps installed on a pen drive: Sir, I have some apps installed on my Pen Drive and I don't always want to sign in when inserting it from one computer to another. Is there a way so that I change the App Data folder for 'Specific Apps' ? * Moved from MSN* Original title: AppData* OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  3. Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Boot into Cloned Drive to Delete Old Drive: Hi I recently cloned my SSD using Clonezilla and was trying to boot into the new cloned drive to reformat the old drive so I can use it for normal storage. Both SSD's use the NVMe M.2 format but my motherboard only has space for one of them so I bought a PCIe adapter for the...
  4. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  5. cloning to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning to a new hard drive: when cloning windows 10 drive to a new SSD, should the new hard drive be blank? so if not, then do you need to delete everything on it or reformat it first? i bought a new pc that has Windows 10 and I want to clone my old pc to the new one...... using macrium . thanks in...
  6. Tried cloning windows to SSD, but it created a new drive and removed my old drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried cloning windows to SSD, but it created a new drive and removed my old drive.: [ATTACH] So i just bought an SSD for my PC and I heard that it was a good idea to move your windows to the SSD, so I started looking up how, downloaded AOMEI backupper, backed up my drives and pressed the system clone function on the program. after an hour, the process...
  7. Cloning old drive before installing new drive

Cloning old drive before installing new drive: Could you point me in the right direction please ? I have a 120g SSD which I need to replace so I need to clone it so as to re-assign the content to the Adata M.2, PCIe target disc, the slot which is currently held by the 120g will be disabled when I connect the M.2 yet it...
  8. Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned a drive successfully, now cannot disable the old drive?: I cloned my storage drive successfully. But now I cannot disable that drive in Device Manager. The option is just not there. The drive (J) originally had my windows paging file on it, and Disk Management refused to change the drive letter after I had cloned it. I had to use...
  9. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  10. Cloned drive to new pc possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive to new pc possible?: I have W10 which was upgraded from w7 ultimate. I cloned w10 to another hard drive and now have 2 drives bootable which i can use. I am going to be buying a new pc without an operating system,before i do can i: Put one of the drives into this new pc and boot form it? Will...