Windows 10: New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer

Discus and support New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to clone a laptop SSHD drive as an upgrade , New cloned drive boots into black screen and a loading pointer and it goes like that forever ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 2, 2018.

1. New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer

I am trying to clone a laptop SSHD drive as an upgrade , New cloned drive boots into black screen and a loading pointer and it goes like that forever , system is UEFI and i just managed to clone the 1 TB drive into the 2 TB drive (Both Seagate FireCuda) using seagate's trusty disk wizard over night , here is a comparison of final layout

New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer [​IMG]

so i see it cloned the hidden partitions not in same order , the active partition on clone has not Boot sign and parition serials were not cloned too , would that be normal , if so , what am i missing ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 2, 2018

2. cloned drive but not bootable from new drive

new entry is in, but trying to boot, it looks like its loading but then i get a black screen, am i missing something?

set drive E which is the cloned drive(2tb toshiba) pressed enter, successful.

puddlejumper6999, Jul 2, 2018
  3. J Capone Win User
    Hanging loading wheel at login/Black Screen with pointer/Cannot Locate Desktop error - Windows 10

Problem:

Unable to login to my computer. Presented with black screen and mouse pointer after logging into my account (I am able to see the list of accounts, the start picture, and login before getting a black screen).

Details:

Computer is a Lenovo Yoga 14. Originally came with Windows 8; upgraded to Windows 10 with free upgrade offer in June/July of 2016. Worked well after the upgrade for some time. Began experiencing slow start up times one or two months ago but could always
    get to my desktop. Starting Dec 24th, I've only gotten a black screen with pointer after attempting to login.

Getting to the login screen takes several minutes. Severe lag when attempting action on login screen (typing in password, accessing options from power button in lower right hand corner). Logging in results in a spinning wheel for several minutes, then
    a black screen with mouse pointer.

Early into my attempts to resolve, I got to a blank desktop with an error stating the desktop path could not be found.

Solutions tried:

1. Refresh, restore, and startup repair give errors stating action cannot be completed.

2. Attempts to load in safe mode with networking results in a continuous black screen (no pointer). This keeps me from trying numerous solutions I've found on various forums.

3. Attempted to find steps for creating a boot disk on thumb drive. Information states a product key is required, something I don't have since I installed via free upgrade

4. Tried switching between monitors with Windows key and "p" as suggested in one solution - did not work.

5. At one point I was able to get into Task Manager - no longer the case

J Capone, Jul 2, 2018
  4. New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer

Cloned hdd won't boot

So I cloned my hard drive from my windows 10 laptop so I could use it in my desktop. Cloning went great so I installed the new drive into the desktop and it won't boot. I have read in other post that I need to change the boot location through the bios
    but I can't get to it. When I start my pc it shows a black screen with a dash Mark in the top left and "B2" in the bottom right corner of the screen it will sit there for about a minute and then shows the graphics card starting a d goes back to a black screen
    with a dash Mark on the right. Any help would be appreciated.

AaronMcGinnis, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer

1. New Cloned Drive Boots Into Black Screen And A Loading Pointer - Similar Threads - Cloned Drive Boots

2. Macrium Reflect cloning, black loading screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect cloning, black loading screen after windows logo: I bough a new SSD drive and wanted to clone my OS to it, and so i did, using Macrium Reflect. When i set my SSD's boot priority to 1, windows loading screen appeared and then black loading screen (picture). I tried cloning the drive again, unplugging my hdd, and plugging ssd...
  3. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  4. Cloned drive won’t boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  5. Black screen and flickering taskbar with mouse pointer with loading blue circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and flickering taskbar with mouse pointer with loading blue circle: I enter my password Click enter and in in my computer....then i dont see any application. I see a black screen and it continuesly refreshesthe screen. I can open only task manager I can not use search nor the windows button. I can see application even in the taskbar....
  6. Cloned Boot Drive won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned Boot Drive won't boot: Update: Whilst typing up all that I’d done so far, I managed to solve it, but posting anyway in case of help to others. Apologies in advance for being a newbie and the probably obvious mistakes made here. I had a Windows 10 Pro install on a 128GB SSD. It was full so I...
  7. Cloned drive will not boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive will not boot: Hi guys I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help from a cloning operation, being an IT guy...but this one has me stumped. Short background: Bought a inexpensive Acer laptop (R 15) Seemed like a great deal for under $499, great screen, good video, Intel i5. But got it...
  8. Black Screen While Cloning

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen While Cloning: I don't know what to do. I've tried everything. I am literally about to break down crying. I've been at this for six and a half hours now. I've completely run out of space on my 320GB hard drive, and I've been trying to clone to my new 1TB since I got home from work. I've...
  9. Black screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with mouse pointer: I wanted to give some feedback for the 10061 build and when I did, Windows kindly offered to create a Microsoft Account for me as I didn't have one on my Dell 15R laptop. That worked fine and i was able to submit the feedback, but when I Signed out of the MS account so I...
  10. Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer: Hello everyone, So i recently gave my laptop an update today. It was fine before but...now it boots to a black screen with just a mouse pointer visible. What should i do? Many thanks. Ren. 27706

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cloned windows boots to black

2. ive cloned my drive now when i boot i get black screen

3. cloned drive boots into windows then black screen