Windows 10: New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my...

Discus and support New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a new laptop. Since I purchased it (I believe it's running Windows 10), I've been unable to download/install applications from the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A Warm Gun 3733, Aug 7, 2019.

1. New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my...

This is a new laptop. Since I purchased it (I believe it's running Windows 10), I've been unable to download/install applications from the internet and uninstall software. Each time I try to do one of these tasks, I receive a message box entitled "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device." Beneath it, it says "To continue, enter an admin user name or password".

However, there are no texts boxes to enter in a user name or password (I wouldn't even know what the user name or password is anyway). I only have the option to scan my print on the fingerprint reader which it subsequently rejects. When I try to scan my print, it says "the requested operation requires elevation".

There is only one option to click at the very bottom and that is the "No" button on the right. There is no "Yes" button. So basically my only option is to select "No" I don't want this app to make changes to my device (even though I do).

I have tried to go to "change user account settings" but it won't even let me do that as it makes me go through the same dead-end process as described above.

Super frustrated and annoyed. Please help.

:)

A Warm Gun 3733, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Something turned off defender, says I must have administrator permission to turn it back on ?

New comp - just downloaded win10 - somthing turned off defender, comp says I must have administrator permission to turn it back on ????

[Original title: TOG2]

MichaelWinning, Aug 7, 2019
  4. John Zab Win User

New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my...

Administrator permissions

Thank you for letting us know. We can give permission to your file, follow these steps:

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on Properties and select Security, check whether any permission has been set already.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the
      Advanced Button that is right below the Permissions for Authenticated Users.
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the
      Permission Entries box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users.
    • After you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click
      Change Permissions
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says
      Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the
      Administrators user again,this time, you are going to click the
      Edit
      option.
    Keep us posted.

John Zab, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my...

1. New comp. Keeps saying I need administrator permission to perform many tasks. This is my... - Similar Threads - comp Keeps saying

2. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  3. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  4. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. You need permission to perform this action.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  6. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks: I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this....
  7. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890
  8. Administrator and still need permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...
  9. You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action: New Dell XPS-8900 running Win10. I created a Homegroup on the 8900 and joined the Homegroup with my Win8.1 laptop. When I try to copy a file from the laptop to the 8900 (or from the 8900 to the laptop) I get this error: ..... You need permission to perform this action....
  10. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100