Windows 10: new computer acting like old one. no true color either

Discus and support new computer acting like old one. no true color either in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What can I do to make my new computer operate on windows 10 instead of the old Vista. Also why do I still get none true colors. My new computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CynthiaTucker2, Dec 29, 2020.

1. new computer acting like old one. no true color either

What can I do to make my new computer operate on windows 10 instead of the old Vista. Also why do I still get none true colors.

My new computer is supposed to operate on windows 10. My old computer operated on Vista and that's all I can get. Also my colors are the

same drab ones as my old computer that wouldn't change. I need help. Maybe you can reset it from there.

:)

CynthiaTucker2, Dec 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 acting like Windows 7

Hi,

Regrets the inconvenience you have experienced. I suspect the issue might due to the corruption in the user profiles. Let follow the below mentioned steps and see if it works:

I suggest you to add another Microsoft account by following the steps mentioned below and see if the problem persists:

• Click Start,

• Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Add a Microsoft account.

• If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

• Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.
    Once you're sign-in with new Microsoft account, then try to perform the actions and check if the problem still occurs. You can remove the existing Microsoft account from there if needed. Check and see if it helps.

Please ensure to backup you data if you wish to remove your old Microsoft account.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 29, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 29, 2020
  4. new computer acting like old one. no true color either

True Color

I downloaded Windows 10 to my PC laptop which had Windows 8.1. After downloading, says True color did not download. How do I download True Color on my laptop again?

DebbieBorato, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

new computer acting like old one. no true color either

1. new computer acting like old one. no true color either - Similar Threads - computer acting old

2. why are my two monitors acting like one big one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my two monitors acting like one big one?: When i have both my monitors hooked up they act like 1 big monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-two-monitors-acting-like-one-big-one/969f7043-6b7f-42eb-a002-ffe57d476d25
  3. why are my two monitors acting like one big one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are my two monitors acting like one big one?: When i have both my monitors hooked up they act like 1 big monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-two-monitors-acting-like-one-big-one/969f7043-6b7f-42eb-a002-ffe57d476d25
  4. why are my two monitors acting like one big one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Quick Assist from the Store acts the same like the old Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Quick Assist from the Store acts the same like the old Quick Assist: Hello,I think there are some bugs in the new quick assist. It says I need to download it again from the store.Screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-quick-assist-from-the-store-acts-the-same-like/91d99011-2cb0-436a-9770-6a5094fe314f
  6. New Quick Assist from the Store acts the same like the old Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Quick Assist from the Store acts the same like the old Quick Assist: Hello,I think there are some bugs in the new quick assist. It says I need to download it again from the store.Screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-quick-assist-from-the-store-acts-the-same-like/91d99011-2cb0-436a-9770-6a5094fe314f
  7. colors less colorful on new windows 10 installation than on old one

in Windows 10 Customization
    colors less colorful on new windows 10 installation than on old one: recently got a new ssd and decided not to connect it to my old hdd, but install a new windows 10 pro on it. the colors however are way less colorful and look more grey, if I switch back to the hdd which has windows 10 home everything is okay. It's definitely not the monitor....
  8. Backup Old Computer to Brand New One.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Old Computer to Brand New One.: HP Slimline Desktop 410-010 (Energy Star.) Operating System was Windows Home 10 v. 1809 It was fully loaded with Software. Windows 10 1809 64 I had a spare computer which I'm using now. hp pavilion Desk Top P7-1410, its working pretty well. Operating system is Windows 8.1...
  9. New laptop's colors look weird compared to old one, how can I replicate the old coloring?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop's colors look weird compared to old one, how can I replicate the old coloring?: I posted this on r/Dell since I feel it's probably more of a Dell thing than a Windows thing, but there may be a solution for it here too? After years of using a Dell Inspiron 5767 laptop, I've now got a new Inspiron 3793. Compared to the 5767, the colors on the 3793 feel...
  10. the colors are mixed up and they are not true colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the colors are mixed up and they are not true colors: the faces are green and reds are pink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/the-colors-are-mixed-up-and-they-are-not-true/7429797d-046a-4554-a46c-9f5697359813