Windows 10: New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

Discus and support New Computer Battery Is Very Bad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To keep it brief, I got a new computer in August but I started using it in September. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH16. For at least a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RetroSoulGirl, Nov 6, 2021.

1. New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

To keep it brief, I got a new computer in August but I started using it in September. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH16. For at least a month after I got it, the battery was so LONG, I think I cried. I could do anything on it and I'd never see a percentage drop. I used all of my same programs that I do now with several hours of battery life.A month ago I did change the battery plan settings a little bit because I was having issues with my screensaver collage settings. Over the course of October I started noticing that the battery was getting worse, however the only time I ever unplug my c

:)

RetroSoulGirl, Nov 6, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

New Computer Battery Is Very Bad pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 6, 2021
  4. New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

1. New Computer Battery Is Very Bad - Similar Threads - Computer Battery Very

2. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  3. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  4. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer got a very bad issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer got a very bad issue: My computer is a dell Inspiron 3521 8gb of ram and 1tb of storage I had installed the latest windows update and was trying to connect a 2013 led tv with HDMI But didn’t so I decided to watch a movie on Microsoft Edge with Bluestacks 5 installing and Geometry dash on the RAM...
  6. My computer got a very bad issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got a very bad issue: My computer is a dell Inspiron 3521 8gb of ram and 1tb of storage I had installed the latest windows update and was trying to connect a 2013 led tv with HDMI But didn’t so I decided to watch a movie on Microsoft Edge with Bluestacks 5 installing and Geometry dash on the RAM...
  7. My computer got a very bad issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Battery Is Very Bad: To keep it brief, I got a new computer in August but I started using it in September. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH16. For at least a month after I got it, the battery was so LONG, I think I cried. I could do anything on it and I'd never see a percentage drop. I used...
  9. New Computer Battery Is Very Bad

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer Battery Is Very Bad: To keep it brief, I got a new computer in August but I started using it in September. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH16. For at least a month after I got it, the battery was so LONG, I think I cried. I could do anything on it and I'd never see a percentage drop. I used...
  10. new battery draining very fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new battery draining very fast: Hi all, i have just bought a new battery for my hp pavillion g6 and its draining fast, also some times when i unplug the charger it switches off straight away, my old battery drained fairly quick also and that is why i bought a new one, i have tried my best to turn all...