Windows 10: New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem

Discus and support New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently building a new built. It's going to have a I7-9700K, Asus ROG Z 390-E motherboard. And of course two M.2 drives as well. I'm thinking of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Jun 9, 2020.

1. timlab55 Win User

New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem

I'm currently building a new built. It's going to have a I7-9700K, Asus ROG Z 390-E motherboard. And of course two M.2 drives as well. I'm thinking of putting the OS/programs (except games on it). I'm saving the other M.2 for all games. Does this sound reasonable? Then on top of this, and here comes the problem, how do I tell Windows 10 Pro that on one graphics card (GTX 1650) to run on this monitor and only run programs, and then a RTX 5500 XT hook up to another monitor and to run only my games? Any clue, hows or what? I do know that each one of these cards can run three monitors. But I've noticed on my World of Warships, that it requires 8GB of memory.
    Thanks
    Dan

:)

timlab55, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 9, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jun 9, 2020
  4. New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem

1. New Computer Build, but maybe A Problem - Similar Threads - Computer Build maybe

2. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  3. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  4. New Update bug maybe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update bug maybe: Hi, I dont know if anyone else has this specific issue but I've been trying to fix it for two to three days now.I have an older hp pavilion 15, Intel corei5 7th gen that I use for projects that involve server communications and stuff, so basically it's a hub that I rely on...
  5. New computer: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR / maybe others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR / maybe others: Hello, I just got a new computer and I have severe stability issues. The last few BSODs I got I did not even get to see, it was rendering the blue screen but computer restarted before that. Sometimes it doesn't even try painting the blue screen, the screen just goes black and...
  6. new computer build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new computer build: can i put my existing hard drive with win 10 on a new computer build https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-build/5b16ff02-4555-4139-9664-8e5af6ca70fc
  7. Building a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Building a new computer: Hello! I currently have Windows 10 Pro on my PC, building a new computer from scratch tomorrow and I have the installer on a USB key. How can I re-use my key? Is that possible? Thanks! submitted by /u/MSK13 [link] [comments]...
  8. RE New Computer Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE New Computer Build: I just built a new Computer and want to transfer my Windows 10 from a IntelR PentiumR Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz to a New Machine. How do I do that without having to purchase Windows 10 again?...
  9. Building a New Gaming Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Building a New Gaming Computer: So it's been a while since I've made a computer myself so I don't really know what's good or not. A while ago I asked a mate of mine who's a bit more up to date with computer parts to pick some out for me Link: PCPartPicker Although I do trust him to an extent, I...
  10. Activation problems - new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems - new build: Just completed a new build with Window 10 Home 64 Bit installed. Purchased the Software from Amazon. Tried to activate window but it refuses to activate. 92841