Windows 10: New computer, can't set up "mail"

Discus and support New computer, can't set up "mail" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new computer came with the mail link on the taskbar. Clicking the link opened Mail, wanting me to add an account. I did (Microsoft, which had my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skip Gundlach, Oct 8, 2019.

1. New computer, can't set up "mail"

My new computer came with the mail link on the taskbar.

Clicking the link opened Mail, wanting me to add an account.

I did (Microsoft, which had my email already due to onedrive).

It keeps demanding added accounts and I cannot go to the inbox.

Whassup??

:)

Skip Gundlach, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. New computer, can't set up "mail" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 8, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

New computer, can't set up "mail"

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

New computer, can't set up "mail"

1. New computer, can't set up "mail" - Similar Threads - computer can't set

2. Set up new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new computer: Have just received a new work desk top. Unable to log into my microsoft account with my work email address. Says it does not exist when it does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-new-computer/4e766186-59bd-4266-94b9-a40ebcf85cd6
  3. Set up new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new computer: Have just received a new work desk top. Unable to log into my microsoft account with my work email address. Says it does not exist when it does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-new-computer/4e766186-59bd-4266-94b9-a40ebcf85cd6
  4. New computer set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer set up: Hi,We have an older computer and just bought a new one. We'd like to use the same password as the old computer to be able to sync, but of course during the spell where the MS account was asking for a new password every other day, unsure what it is. We've tried a couple on the...
  5. New computer set up

New computer set up: Hi,We have an older computer and just bought a new one. We'd like to use the same password as the old computer to be able to sync, but of course during the spell where the MS account was asking for a new password every other day, unsure what it is. We've tried a couple on the...
  6. Setting up new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up new computer: Hello, i recently purchased a new computer and accidentally clicked set up for an organization instead of personal use. as a result i am unable to log in to the computer and the windows + pause break key option does not allow me do anything. How do i revert back to...
  7. New computer set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New computer set up: I received a new computer and accidentally selected "for business" and now I cannot complete the start up process. How can I go back and change to personal use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-set-up/3dbf26b8-614b-43bf-9481-c0b39ee832c1
  8. set up new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set up new computer: I have never set up a new computer and I would like to know what are the key things I should do after I am on the desktop for the first time, and in what order and how should I perform each operation (should I backup windows, update drivers, etc.)? It is a Dell desktop...
  9. Set up Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app on new computer

Set up Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app on new computer: I recently upgraded my laptop and I'm trying to get the Windows 10 Mail/Calendar set up for my email accounts. When I try to add the accounts, I'm getting an error message 0x80004005. I've searched everywhere and tried several fixes but nothing is working. What am I missing?...
  10. New mail account set up

in Browsers and Email
    New mail account set up: after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0. 52229