Windows 10: New computer connected innediately via "Ethernet 2" but that's all it sees.

Discus and support New computer connected innediately via "Ethernet 2" but that's all it sees. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My new desktop connected immediately. But it's using "Ethernet 2" not my home network. My Netgear router 5G, ac can see my home network. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flipnewf, Jul 14, 2020.

1. flipnewf Win User

New computer connected innediately via "Ethernet 2" but that's all it sees.

My new desktop connected immediately. But it's using "Ethernet 2" not my home network. My Netgear router 5G, ac can see my home network.

How can I make my new computer use my home network which I've been using for years and not "Ethernet 2"?

:)

flipnewf, Jul 14, 2020
  2. doneil Win User

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

Thank you, and sorry for the delayed response. I needed to wait until everyone was off their PCs to confirm. On Ethernet only, I can not ping by ip address or computer name, on wifi I can ping by both. They are all on the same workgroup, using the default name, WORKGROUP . Something else that may or may not be relevant, when I look at my router control panel, it shows the ip addresses of the problem computers connected via ethernet, but the computer names are not the actual computer names, instead they're listed as 'new-host-2' and 'new-host-3'. Relevant? Again thanks for your help.

doneil, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Computer cannot see itself and other computers cannot see it

Computer C cannot see itself in File Explorer under Network, nor can the other computers (A, D, and X) see it. However, it can see and access computers A, D, and X.

Computers A, D, and X can see and access themselves and each other, but cannot see computer C.

• All computers are in the same workgroup.
    • All have the same subnet mask.
    • All have the same default gateway address.
    The only differences I can see are:

• Computer C is connected to an access point via ethernet; A, D, and X are connected to the same AP via Wi-Fi. Shouldn't matter.
    • Computers C and X are version 1607 build 14393.351; computers A and D are version 1511 build 10586.633; YET all of them say they are up to date. Puzzling and odd, but shouldn't matter.
    Computer C is discoverable.

How do I get everyone on speaking terms with computer C?

Thanks for suggestions.

TryingTiara62, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

I cannot connect via ethernet network from one computer to master computer

Hi Duward,

To better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some questions:

• Are your computers connected thru a server?
    • Are your computers connected via a homegroup connection?

If your computers is connected thru a server, we would suggest you to contact your network administrator for assistance regarding your concern.

We're looking forward to your response.

Micah Bat, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. New computer connected innediately via "Ethernet 2" but that's all it sees. - Similar Threads - computer connected innediately

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?: So i have a condition that :1 office Computer my co-worker computer connected to wifi. The Wifi is MAC whitelisted, so only this office computer can connect to the network internet.1 my personal computer in my office. Office manager dont allow me to add my MAC to whitelist,...
  6. How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to properly connect internet via 2 computer LAN Ethernet?: So i have a condition that :1 office Computer my co-worker computer connected to wifi. The Wifi is MAC whitelisted, so only this office computer can connect to the network internet.1 my personal computer in my office. Office manager dont allow me to add my MAC to whitelist,...
  7. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !: Hi, Just upgraded 2 computers in the home. Replaced the hard drives and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on both. I have a Brothers MFC-L2680W that I used wireless on my wifes pc. After the upgrade I have 2 separate Ethernet cables out of the Router to the Desktops (Needed faster...
  8. Ethernet connection issues with a new computer

Ethernet connection issues with a new computer: I have been trying to connect to the ethernet I use for my existing computer, which works great. However the new computer doesn't connect. I have two ethernet ports on the new computer. Neither will connect although they flash at the computer. I am also using a brand new...
  9. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...
  10. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet: One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP. Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed...