Windows 10: New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On

Discus and support New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got an HP Envy x360 Convertivle 15m-dr0xxx laptop that runs Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Occassionally, I would have trouble turning it on, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieK15, Sep 2, 2019.

1. KatieK15 Win User

New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On

I just got an HP Envy x360 Convertivle 15m-dr0xxx laptop that runs Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Occassionally, I would have trouble turning it on, where the power button did not work, and only after a couple minutes of holding down the power button for around 30 seconds, shutting it and reopening, would it turn on. Today, after having trouble turning it on, it would freeze while using it (running just Spotify and GoogleDrive through Chrome), until the screen glitched and it turned off.

It turned back on just fine, but I am frustrated and worried that I have wasted my money on a new computer just for it to have a lot of problems. It is up to date on updates, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KatieK15, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 2, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Turning

2. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  3. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  4. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  5. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  6. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New windows install computer freezes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New windows install computer freezes.: This might be a bit long winded but I want to make sure that I don’t leave details out as more details allow for better troubleshooting. Recently my computer has been having issues that when loading something like a loading screen in a game, my computer will crash, screens go...
  8. New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

New computer occasionally freezes, then releases: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  9. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  10. Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

Computer sometimes freezes when turning on: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avnj6GTl1z2S1XYWF_j8BgO-mrkG My laptop sometimes doesn't turn on when is says it does (power light is on) but nothing happens other then the fans kicking in. One new discovery i found is that the disk light doesn't flash like it normally does, it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy 360x freezing