Windows 10: New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On

Discus and support New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got an HP Envy x360 Convertivle 15m-dr0xxx laptop that runs Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Occassionally, I would have trouble turning it on, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieK15, Sep 2, 2019.

1. KatieK15 Win User

New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On

I just got an HP Envy x360 Convertivle 15m-dr0xxx laptop that runs Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Occassionally, I would have trouble turning it on, where the power button did not work, and only after a couple minutes of holding down the power button for around 30 seconds, shutting it and reopening, would it turn on. Today, after having trouble turning it on, it would freeze while using it (running just Spotify and GoogleDrive through Chrome), until the screen glitched and it turned off.

It turned back on just fine, but I am frustrated and worried that I have wasted my money on a new computer just for it to have a lot of problems. It is up to date on updates, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KatieK15, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 2, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. New Computer Freezing, Not Turning On - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Turning

2. Brand New Computer - Random Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Computer - Random Freezes: Hello All, I just build a new computer, and it is constantly freezing. I have verified that all hardware components are seated and tight. AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2920 ASRock 399 Phantom Gaming 6 4x8 GSKill PC-3200 in Quad Channel Mode MSI NVidia Geforce 1660 GTX...
  3. BSOD Happening often and now computer will freeze, new computer

BSOD Happening often and now computer will freeze, new computer: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 9c Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: fffff80473684b30 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_18362 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the...
  4. computer freezes

computer freezes: After the automatic updates are installed on my comp., often my computer freezes. Have done a clean boot and various other suggested remedy's. Does not happen all the time, all I need to do is switch of the power, wait a few min. and restart. Then the computer works ok...
  5. Computer freezes

Computer freezes: At haphazard intervals over the past week small flashes of light have appeared on my Dell laptop screen and then the computer freezes up. Pressing the power button off-pause-on restores everything as it was, but sometimes the problem soon recurs. Does anyone have an idea of...
  6. Computer sometimes freezes when turning on

Computer sometimes freezes when turning on: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avnj6GTl1z2S1XYWF_j8BgO-mrkG My laptop sometimes doesn't turn on when is says it does (power light is on) but nothing happens other then the fans kicking in. One new discovery i found is that the disk light doesn't flash like it normally does, it just...
  7. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer: After maybe 10 minutes, I get a complete freeze and I need to restart my computer. After many attempts of restarting, it usually works fine if it doesn't freeze in the first half an hour. I attached the log. I'd really need some help. Thank you! 19858
  8. Computer Freezes

Computer Freezes: Hi guys, I'm lookig for a bit of help here. My computer has begun to randomly freeze, and only the reset button will revive it again. No BSOD, no error msg. Just complete freeze. I'm not THAT computer savvy, so please bare with me. I've run the Win10 Memory diag tool =...
  9. Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly

Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly: Hi, For the past few weeks my desktop has been blue screening, turning off randomly, and freezing. I am currently typing this thread on my phone because my PC would freeze within 5 minutes of turning it on. That means that I am unable to attach my dump files unto here....
  10. Computer Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes: Hi Guys, This happened to me twice already. *cry Before I go to sleep, I just leave my PC on with some torrents downloading. And then when I wake up I can see that my PC freezes. Here are the event logs. Please share your thoughts. Thank you. 1st Error: (Happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy 360x freezing