Windows 10: new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly

Discus and support new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my olc computer no longer worked online, so got a new one and plugged in my keyboard its a Logitech K120 with numerics available for use on the riht... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WendyStewart2, Jan 11, 2020.

1. new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly

my olc computer no longer worked online, so got a new one and plugged in my keyboard its a Logitech K120 with numerics available for use on the riht hand side, I cant get my computer to recognize the side buttons so I can use them, help?

:)

WendyStewart2, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Wireless MS keyboard 5050 not showing and not working correctly

Hi,

Kindly use the keyboard using another computer to isolate the concern. We need to find out if your concern is specific to the keyboard or to your computer. If you're keyboard is working on another computer or if you don't have another computer to test the
    keyboard, we suggest you follow the steps found on this
    link
    . The steps on the link will require you to uninstall and reinstall the USB root hubs on your computer.

Kindly share us the result.

Argel Obm, Jan 11, 2020
  4. new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly

Keyboard does not function correctly

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the keyboard device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly

1. new computer, keyboard wornt work correctly - Similar Threads - computer keyboard wornt

2. Keyboard not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working correctly: Whenever I press W on my keyboard it writes "qw" instead of "w" and whenever I press A it opens up a calculator. If I press D it writes "gd". F writes "ftg" and etc. Does anyone know how to fix this or is the keyboard broken? Btw I'm on a laptop and the laptop's keyboard...
  3. Keyboard not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working correctly: Whenever I press W on my keyboard it writes "qw" instead of "w" and whenever I press A it opens up a calculator. If I press D it writes "gd". F writes "ftg" and etc. Does anyone know how to fix this or is the keyboard broken? Btw I'm on a laptop and the laptop's keyboard...
  4. My keyboard isn’t working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard isn’t working correctly: Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and now when I press my a key my laptop shuts off. Does anyone know what’s going on?...
  5. My keyboard isn’t working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keyboard isn’t working correctly: Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and now when I press my a key my laptop shuts off. Does anyone know what’s going on?...
  6. new keyboard not typing correct symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new keyboard not typing correct symbols: Hi I have just purchased a Microsoft wired 600 keyboard but I cannot find the question mark when I press the up arrow to select the symbol the symbol I press is not the right one eg the button that's is labelled question mark produces _ an underscore. This isn't the only...
  7. My computer keyboard keys are not correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer keyboard keys are not correct: Hello, my computer keyboard keys are not matching up, for example my @ key is showing " when I try and type. Can you help me? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keyboard-keys-are-not-correct/90b2d5de-8010-46cd-b0ad-c1b3d96a7ab3
  8. The keyboard does not work correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The keyboard does not work correctly.: Hi, Windows 10 was updated and I could not find a solution to configure the keyboard. I already tried with FN + num and the other possible combinations plus add language but nothing helps me....
  9. Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?: On past Windows computers I have frequently used Alt + F4 to close my current activity. That shortcut is still shown in the list of keyboard shortcuts, but when I use it rather than closing anything it just shows the volume slider bar. Help?...
  10. computer is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not working correctly: I have lost all our Hoyle Games and I keep getting a shut down on my computer. and then when it is rebooting this window.com/stopcode message comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-working-correctly/7ee43944-8a80-4131-b841-4530422c1f0b