Windows 10: New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive

Discus and support New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all - This is in reference to my 2nd System: ASUS FX504GM-ES74 i7-8750H CPU @2.20GHz CPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card 16GB RAM, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by penTechCoach, May 6, 2020.

1. New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive

Hi all -

This is in reference to my 2nd System:
    • ASUS FX504GM-ES74
      • i7-8750H CPU @2.20GHz CPU
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card
      • 16GB RAM,
      • Windows Home 1909
    • Samsung C43J890DKN ( 43" Curved) monitor
    • Download speed anywhere between 35-75 Mbps. (AT&T)

My system is completely unresponsive - it hangs frequently, especially when using the file manager. I primarily support rescue groups - WordPress website, Photoshop, social media support, etc.

To the best of my knowledge my drivers are up to date and I defrag on a regular basis. Every app runs incredibly slowly and every so often I get the BSOD. I use DropBox and have shares to many other accounts as I support a lot of groups but my files aren't changing constantly. I'm mostly working in Chrome or Firefox - even they hang most of the time.

Please, please advise. Thanks in advance!

:)

penTechCoach, May 6, 2020

2. new computer displat will not fit tv/monitor

Hi,

There could be a difference in settings or drivers between your old and new Windows 10 computer. For example, the build of your old computer is different to your new one, or it could also be the monitor itself. Can you provide us the answers to these questions:

• What was the build of your old computer?
    • What is the build of your new computer?
    • Did you notice some changes on the settings of your computer aside from the aspect ratio?
    • Have you tried to change the settings of your monitor?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, May 6, 2020
  3. New computer, total power failure

Hi,

To resolve the battery issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Check your battery saving settings. There’s a chance that the Anniversary Update somehow changed your battery saving settings.

To increase the battery life of your device, check if your power plan is alright.

• Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep >
      Additional power settings.
    • Check the brightness settings by going to Settings >
      System
      > Display
    Method 2: Check if your drivers are updated. Battery drain issue can also be due to some drivers not fully compatible with the Anniversary Update. It’s important to have all your drivers updated, to prevent battery drain issue and other problems.

Moreover, if the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your Cube 2-in-1 tablet computer's manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 6, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive

New monitor suggestions, £200 budget

So I am getting (hopefully) £200 of amazon vouchers from work for Christmaqs and have decided I want to get a new monitor, my current is a 23" Samsung Syncmaster, I believe it's a TN panel and the res is 2048x1152. It really is starting to get on my nerves as the coloring is not very natural so I am thinking an IPS panel would probably be a lot better quality wise so I am open to some suggestions as I really don't have a clue when it comes to monitors.

Things to note:

• I do not want to go smaller than 24"
    • Would prefer 27" if possible for the budget
    • If not then perhaps 24" 120hz
    • I currently run 2048x 1152 though 1920 x 1080 is fine
    • Must come in at or around £200-£250 absolute max

NdMk2o1o, May 6, 2020
Thema:

New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive

1. New Computer/New Monitor/Fast Internet - System Totally Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Computer Monitor Fast

2. No internet, secured new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, secured new computer: Hello,I recently purchased a new laptop. It showed up today and when I turned it on and started going through the windows 11 setup it made it to the network connection page that wants you to connect to a wireless network. I tried connecting to 2 different separate WiFi’s and...
  3. No internet, secured new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet, secured new computer: Hello,I recently purchased a new laptop. It showed up today and when I turned it on and started going through the windows 11 setup it made it to the network connection page that wants you to connect to a wireless network. I tried connecting to 2 different separate WiFi’s and...
  4. Totally locked out of new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally locked out of new computer: Hello, I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any help. I bought a new computer a few days ago, and during the sign-up entered my microsoft hotmail email address. I entered my password which is fine and then set a pin son's birthday year. I entered this twice - pretty sure...
  5. New monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New monitor.: There is a dialoge box in the middle of the screen that cannot be deleted. It refers to "Compliance with California Energy Commission... Requires a yes or no answer. Cannot toggle or otherwise respond to disappear the box. Thanks....
  6. new computer wont recognise monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new computer wont recognise monitor: I have been running my 18-month old HP pavilion for the last couple of weeks with Zoom and my Yuraki monitor about 10 years old with no issues. I have just bought a second pavilion computer, upgraded, and it is refusing to recognise the monitor. I have found advice about...
  7. Old to new computer in system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old to new computer in system: Hello. When I try to get an app in my MS account it states it is downloading to my old computer not my mew one. It downloads but does it matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-to-new-computer-in-system/187f43c9-ad1d-4c76-81fb-2c2cff0ace5e
  8. New PC, Should be fast!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC, Should be fast!: Why does Windows 10 make my new PC work slower the my old 7 year old PC? 34 gigs of ram 4 GHz i7! Window 7 was great, 10 seems to stink! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-should-be-fast/e315ea80-35fe-4775-a934-bcc6e1e333e6
  9. New monitor, old computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New monitor, old computer?: I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is...
  10. New Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Monitor: I recently gave away my monitor to a family member (forgot the name of the monitor). It was a 19'' LCD monitor that had a resolution of 1440x900. It was from around 2007. It was perfect. But now I'm running on my 55 inch TV and it's just not practical. My eyes hurt. I'm...