Windows 10: New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working

Discus and support New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am posting this on my wife's behalf, regarding her new ASUS Windows 10 computer, that I configured over the just-ended weekend. She is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asus2016, Sep 5, 2016.

1. asus2016 Win User

New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working

I am posting this on my wife's behalf, regarding her new ASUS Windows 10 computer, that I configured over the just-ended weekend.

She is unable to copy (either ctrl/c or context menu) and paste (either ctrl/v or context menu) from something on a Firefox or Chrome page, into a Microsoft Word document.

In setting the computer up, I did a dozen or more copy/pastes, generally establishing wifi passwords.

I realize that I could provide better information if it were me myself who was stuck here, but am trying for a fast solution, after searching the forum and not finding a definitive one. Lots of people who'd had the same type problem, but no clearly "Eureka" solution.

Thanks.

:)

asus2016, Sep 5, 2016

2. Cut Copy Paste Issue

In December 2016 I purchased new computer desktop system with windows 10.

Since the last 2-3 months there is a issue in copy pasting. I am not able to copy paste text, images, moving and copying files, taking screenshots nothing is working. Not with CTRL C CTRL V or with mouse options. Please help.

DivyaBatra, Sep 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 start menu not working

I've done the troubleshooting described within: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

I was able to create a new account and the Start menu and Cortana work in the new account. I'd prefer not to have to copy all of the files from the account with the non-functioning start menu. Is there a way "move" files to the new account without doing
    a labor intensive copy/paste and then deleting files in the old account?

It seems backwards to me that copy and paste is needed at all. Because this start menu problem is frequent, it seems to me that Microsoft would have some easy quick fix to transfer files from one account to another without copy/paste. I mean, come on, the
    files are all on the same computer. Thanks for help

NorthernPass, Sep 5, 2016
  4. asus2016 Win User

Well, this won't solve many other people's problems, but I'm leaving the thread up just in case my experience helps another person.

The problem was that although we had successfully INSTALLED Office on the new computer, we hadn't ACTIVATED it, so the ability to create new documents wasn't there. The activation - it was basically one-click - solved this.

By the way, should others not know it, if you're moving to a new machine, uninstall Office from the old one, use the product key with Office (long URL in prior link) to download a working installer to the new computer, and install Office.

Then, unlike us, don't forget to activate Office!

So I'm marking the thread Solved 15 minutes after creating it. Hope this one day helps someone else.

asus2016, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working - Similar Threads - computer copy paste

2. Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC: I just got a new CPU intel core i7-12700K, motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro - DDR5, and RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM. I did transfer my old GPU, PSU, and SSD. But I seem to have lower copy/paste speeds when copying/pasting files. I can't figure out why though.Does anyone...
  3. Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC: I just got a new CPU intel core i7-12700K, motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro - DDR5, and RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM. I did transfer my old GPU, PSU, and SSD. But I seem to have lower copy/paste speeds when copying/pasting files. I can't figure out why though.Does anyone...
  4. Slow Copy and Pasting on new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  6. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  7. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer: I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer? I know I can't use the license from the old one but if I buy a new serial key is it then possible to do what I'm about to...
  9. copy and paste not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste not working in windows 10: I see that other folks have this issue, but I don't see any answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-not-working-in-windows-10/511f742a-24fc-4564-b324-3f1a5218fe8e
  10. Copy and paste not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy and paste not working on windows 10: I can't copy and paste. When I paste it just pastes a file location which changes slightly each time. This is what it is: C:\Users\16318\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2019-02-23--18-49-38_.dmp...