Windows 10: New computer, no wifi networks recognized

Discus and support New computer, no wifi networks recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new HP desktop and it is not recognizing any Wifi networks, even though every other device (including the printer) recognizes both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr._Hall, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Mr._Hall Win User

New computer, no wifi networks recognized

I just purchased a new HP desktop and it is not recognizing any Wifi networks, even though every other device (including the printer) recognizes both channels from the Wifi router. The pcu will not even recognize the wifi hotspot from my phone. I've tried updating the drivers and resetting the adapter (Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter). I've ensured the system is set to search for networks. But to no avail. Any additional ideas?

:)

Mr._Hall, Jun 4, 2019

2. windows7 WiFi wireless modem

Depending on exactly what your problem is, start by following these steps:

That usually means that the router you are connecting to recognizes that you are there, but has not accepted you as an approved user. That happens when the wifi password on your computer is not a match for the one required in
    the router.

One solution that frequently fixes this is to delete your network from your computer. Then have your computer recognize a new network (yours) and ask for the wifi password.

1. Start globe (bottom left)
    2. Control panel
    3. Network and Internet
    4. Network Sharing Centre
    5. Manage networks
    6. Find and remove your network

Try the icon in the system tray again (bottom right)

It should find the "new" network and ask for the wifi password.

Canadian Tech, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Setting up new modem/WiFi, can’t connect

That usually means that the router you are connecting to recognizes that you are there, but has not accepted you as an approved user. That happens when the wifi password on your computer is not a match for the one required in
    the router.

One solution that frequently fixes this is to delete your network from your computer. Then have your computer recognize a new network (yours) and ask for the wifi password.

2. Control panel
    3. Network and Internet
    5. Manage networks
    6. Find and remove your network

4. New computer, no wifi networks recognized

Wifi connection problem

Try this procedure:

the router.

2. Control panel
    3. Network and Internet
    5. Manage networks
    6. Find and remove your network -- both 2.4 and 5.0

Thema:

New computer, no wifi networks recognized

1. New computer, no wifi networks recognized - Similar Threads - computer wifi networks

2. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  3. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  4. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer is not recognizing new speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is not recognizing new speakers: Hi all! So I just got new Elegiant SR300 speakers. They have just 2 cables: 3.5mm and USB. I hooked these up to the front USB and jack to get them up and running and unfortunately my PC is refusing to recognize that these are hooked up. The speakers are lit up indicating...
  6. Network will not recognize a new computer

Network will not recognize a new computer: I have a wireless home network with 4 computers, one with Windows 7 and the others with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to add an additional computer with Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.1. My problem: The new computer will recognize and transfer data to all the...
  7. No WiFi networks available on new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks available on new computer?: When I try to connect to a WiFi, there are no options other than a hidden network. Every other device finds my router in the room I’m in, so I’m not sure what is causing this problem. submitted by /u/dpjs [link] [comments]...
  8. Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't my computer recognize Wifi network anymore?: My hp envy (I think) laptop was running with wifi until randomly there was a crash restarted, I think correlating with an update, and now It doesn't recognize any wifi networks; in the control panel it doesn't even show an option to enable or disable wifi, only ethernet,...
  9. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter: The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network...
  10. New Network Card, No WiFi

New Network Card, No WiFi: A two-hour call with Dell convinced them that my network card was failing, so the next day a tech installed a new card. No matter what I have done, no matter what a support agent did during a four-hour phone call, this new card will not find my local WiFi network, it will not...