Windows 10: New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

Discus and support New computer occasionally freezes, then releases in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RPInSeattle, Aug 18, 2020.

1. New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had corrupted something during a RegEdit session to change a stupid MS install option, so I re-wiped and re-installed.

This time around, I installed again the nVidia stuff, Chrome, but nothing else, no games, no apps.This time around I didn't touch the registry and was very careful to fully patch and keep everything pristine and clean. Still, the freezes occurred. This time I waited for about 20-30 seconds to see if it was truly a lockup and I discovered that the machine was eventually released back to me. It's almost as though I had encountered a severe lag spike which froze all the action and then managed to recover after 20-30 seconds.

It's a brand new rig, all diagnostics report clean health, no issues. What could be causing this? Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

:)

RPInSeattle, Aug 18, 2020

2. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

Thank you again. The audio program I use which ends up freezing/crashing is called FTR Player (For The Record). To my knowledge, it is up to date as occasionally the company release patches when new Windows 10 updates cause conflicts with the program.
    I might try reinstalling this, as you suggest. Thanks again.

HumbleBears, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

Ztruker, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

1. New computer occasionally freezes, then releases - Similar Threads - computer occasionally freezes

2. shift occasionally releases.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift occasionally releases.: recently i have noticed for some reason when im in a game pressing down shift it will occasionally unshift even though i am holding on to it and reshift after a moment. what is the cause to this?...
  3. shift occasionally releases.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift occasionally releases.: recently i have noticed for some reason when im in a game pressing down shift it will occasionally unshift even though i am holding on to it and reshift after a moment. what is the cause to this?...
  4. New Computer Freezing Occasionally, giving WER Event ID 1001

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Computer Freezing Occasionally, giving WER Event ID 1001: New computer, having occasional hard freezes from a watchdog violation at seemingly random intervals. I have looked through the event viewer and at the WER, but I can't seem to make sense of what is causing this to happen. Could anyone take a look? I have a zip file of the...
  5. New computer occasionally beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer occasionally beeps: Just got a new HP ENVY desktop computer and generally working well. However, I've noticed a random run of slightly high pitched beeps that come from the desktop unit. There are somewhere between 6-10 beeps per "run". I've not noticed a pattern on when it might occur or what...
  6. Occasional PC freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC freeze: In the past 2 days my PC has frozen a couple of times each day. Brief system spec.: Windows 10 Pro V.1909 (Build 18363.900). Reverted from 2004 10 days ago, suspected Macrium Reflect problem (not the case) AV: Kaspersky Free Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3 (Socket 1156) RAM:...
  7. desktop occasionally freezes

desktop occasionally freezes: every now and then when im on my desktop, as i right click an icon to bring up the contextual menu it waits and waits and does nothing and so I have to resort to repeatedly clicking which causes the desktop to fade a light grey as any program does when its no longer...
  8. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...
  9. Occasional freeze

Occasional freeze: I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor around on the screen. After a couple of minutes, the system resumes back to normal. Sometimes the system stops to a...
  10. Occasional BSOD / freeze

Occasional BSOD / freeze: Hey guys. So, a little backstory - last month, I RMA'd my motherboard (MSI Z97S SLI Krait) and re-installed it. A couple of weeks later, I got random BSODs. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to them. Some are while I'm playing a game, some are while I'm just...