Windows 10: New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary

Discus and support New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Howdy Folks! *Smile :: My new computer came with a bad motherboard *Sad which will be replaced tomorrow by a Dell technician. ~ Prior to the crash I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jdUnionngarden, May 21, 2019.

1. New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary

Howdy Folks! *Smile
    ::
    My new computer came with a bad motherboard *Sad which will be replaced tomorrow by a Dell technician.
    ~
    Prior to the crash I created a Macrium verified Primary image file on an external drive. However I don't have a Macrium Rescue Disk.
    ~
    Due to events leading up to the crash I have concerns my system files may be corrupted.
    ~
    I have a Recovery USB created shortly after setting up the machine per Dell's manual, but am not 100% sure it will work. (Old 32 GB USB 2.0)
    ~
    I want to be prepared for the worst ...
    ~
    Can I download Windows PE on my laptop and use it on the desktop, or must the WinPE be made on the computer it's restoring?
    ::
    All comments will be very much appreciated!
    Thanks to All in advance,
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, May 21, 2019

2. Reactivating Windows 10 with new motherboard

Plugging it into the new motherboard should be enough, but create a recovery drive in case you need to perform a startup repair:

The fact that you don't have a license key concerns me. If Windows 10 came preinstalled on your computer, you can't transfer it to a new computer or motherboard. You will need to purchase an entirely new license.

Learn more about transferring licenses:

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
  3. New motherboard

How was Windows 10 setup on your computer?

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a preinstalled OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

If it was, then you can't transfer it to a new motherboard.

Was it the free upgrade to Windows 10 from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

Then, yes, you can transfer it.

If its retail, the first thing I would make sure you do is link your license to your Microsoft Account:

Shutdown your computer, open the system unit, remove the old motherboard, install the new motherboard, connect your hard disk, then boot the system.

Windows 10 will automatically reconfigure itself then boot up.

Sign in.

If Windows 10 does not automatically reactivate, you can wait a few days.

If not, open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshoot

Sign in

Click Next, then choose your computer from the list of machines.

Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2019
  4. New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, May 21, 2019
Thema:

New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary

1. New Computer requires new Motherboard - Possible Corrupted Primary - Similar Threads - Computer requires Motherboard

2. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  3. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  4. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard: New motherboard and SSD installed. Windows 10 installed on SSD, old hard drive connected for storage. Old hard drive has previous windows install and key on it, upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Key is the default product key for Windows 10 Pro. Trying to activate new Windows...
  6. New motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard: New motherboard and SSD installed. Windows 10 installed on SSD, old hard drive connected for storage. Old hard drive has previous windows install and key on it, upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Key is the default product key for Windows 10 Pro. Trying to activate new Windows...
  7. Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible to move primary hard drive to new computer as secondary drive?: I have a laptop which won't boot due to a 'bad system config info' error.I also have a new desktop I'm building with a new SSD which I'll use as the primary drive. If I take out the primary SSD from my old laptop, and put it into my new desktop computer as a secondary drive...
  8. new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new motherboard: I am here because I want to get a new mother board but when i was trying to find one I was thinking that I need to buy windows again. so may I ask if I get a new motherboard do I have to get windows again?...
  9. Corrupted Bios & New Motherboard ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Bios & New Motherboard ?: Hi to All, I need some help pertaining to the bios on my Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-D3H (ver 1.0 ), I was playing around and now I can't get into my bios or boot up normally. I have tried everything I know or learned from this forum.. The pc boots searching for the bios and after...
  10. Is it possible to move W10 to a new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to move W10 to a new motherboard?: Hi there! I have Windows 10 in my current PC (upgraded some months ago from Windows 7). However, this computer doesn't have a good performance when playing video games — or at least, not the desired performance. I was thinking about changing the CPU. Nonetheless, my...