Windows 10: New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD.

Discus and support New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC for Christmas, it worked fine for a little while but it has started randomly freezing and looping audio when it does so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ErikTCG, May 10, 2019.

1. ErikTCG Win User

New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD.

I recently got a new PC for Christmas, it worked fine for a little while but it has started randomly freezing and looping audio when it does so creating a horrible sound. I thought that the issue might have been malware so I kept scanning my PC with no success. I ended up installing windows 10 fresh. It kept doing the same thing as before, so I thought it might have been an issue with drivers, after tinkering with driver updates and so on nothing worked. It has gotten worse and I recently got BSOD and the recovery process wouldn't even start. I had to force my PC to restart and boot it. I reset it again after this, about an hour ago it crashed and went to a black screen. I once again forced it to restart. I have called Windows tech support and they just told me to try to reset it again. Nothing. I am beginning to get seriously concerned for my PCs health. I genuinely appreciate any help given.

-Sincerely Erik.

:)

ErikTCG, May 10, 2019
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, May 10, 2019
  3. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 10, 2019
  4. New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD.

Seemingly Random BSODs Memory_Management, Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

I've Been running into multiple seemingly random Blue Screen Of Death Errors lately. It seems to happen at random, anytime from 5 minutes to two or three hours after rebooting. Any suggestions? Dump files and MSInfo32: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jP6Aaq-tT2bUMdCJulgRMfGOChAx1yvO/view?usp=sharing
    Thank you.

System Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600X @3.6GHZ

Teamgroup T-Force Dark 8GB DDR4 3000 Memory with XMP off

MSI B350 Gaming Plus Motherboard

EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC2

BPX 120 GB Nvme SSD for Boot Drive

Western Didgital 1tb WD Blue HDD

EVGA Supernova 550 G2 PSU

Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier, May 10, 2019
Thema:

New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD.

1. New Computer seemingly random freezing and blue & black SOD. - Similar Threads - Computer seemingly random

2. my computer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer randomly freezes: my computer randomly freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-randomly-freezes/cdcf7b9f-4563-4dd9-ba38-c844ec297dba
  3. Computer randomly freezing

Computer randomly freezing: my computer, probably since I've had it, freezes randomly on the regular. It's happened for a few years now and I've tried a number of things to try to fix it, none of which helped. I'm getting really sick of it so I'd like to try to put an end to the issue for good. Could it...
  4. Unknown Black SOD HL while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Black SOD HL while Gaming: Hi guys, brand new here. Got a problem for you, wizards. Any game I play, after an indeterminate set of time, will suddenly Black Screen Of Death. The monitor races to a sleep state - no mouse or keyboard input can wake it, restarting the monitor does not fix it, EVGA or...
  5. Hard Freeze's that seem random

Hard Freeze's that seem random: Hi there, For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up...
  6. Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily

Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily: Hello, My computer has since for as long as I remember experiencing bsod crashes at varying frequencies. I have previously searched for online help for this twice, but without any success. The error messages in on bsod vary a lot, but I think all that information is in the...
  7. (Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error

(Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error: Hi guys, recently I was playing a video game on my desktop while talking to my friends over a program. Suddenly, the game froze and my display switched to a bluescreen. I rebooted and began to look into the issue only to have it blue screen again, shortly after opening my...
  8. Computer Randomly Blue Screening

Computer Randomly Blue Screening: So my computer has been blue screening recently when I'm not even touching the computer. So I decided to check my memory with memtest86+ and it popped up with a lot of errors. So I went into the BIOS and set my CPU overclock back to stock and it stopped blue screening. But...
  9. computer freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    computer freezing at random times: My computer keeps randomly freezing and it is driving me nuts! Sometimes I can be playing for hours and nothing happens or I have had it also freeze when it is starting up or once windows has loaded. I can't remember when I bought it but for a graphics card, it has a geforce...
  10. Random Computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer freeze: Computer randomly freezing while playing games. Have tested it on League and CSGO. I recently put a brand new power supply in it and it did not correct the issue. Before i changed the power supply it would freeze with a sound loop and after i put a new one in it just freezes...