Windows 10: New computer setup wifi not working

Discus and support New computer setup wifi not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a new Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 Series all-in-one running Windows 10 Home. When it was walking through the initial setup, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Courtnet85, Mar 15, 2020.

1. New computer setup wifi not working

I am trying to set up a new Lenovo IdeaCentre A540 Series all-in-one running Windows 10 Home. When it was walking through the initial setup, it detected several nearby WiFi networks. I had a problem getting the mouse connected and was not able to set the WiFi network. It was turned off and back on and then, upon getting back to that step, did not detect any WiFi. In Network and Internet settings it has no WiFi adapter listed and no WiFi options anywhere. I did make sure network discovery was turned on and I checked in Device Manager that the network adapter was enabled, but it doesn’t show up anywhere but in Device Manager.

Under Network Properties, it does list WiFi and says “Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter”, status not present and connectivity disconnected. Under Device Manager I don’t see that adapter, it shows “Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller” and a variety of WAN Miniports.

I’ve pretty much maxed out my knowledge here and I can’t find this exact issue when I search, so any advice would be much appreciated. Trying to help my stepdad set up to work from home during the pandemic...

:)

Courtnet85, Mar 15, 2020
  2. bosco370 Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Won't work

I tried all these suggestions & my wifi still won't turn on.

My wifi works on an older computer that doesn't have Windows 10. So it's a problem with the system,

I need help. Next step is buying a new computer.

bosco370, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Wifi connecting Setup

Hi all, (i have windows phone 7.5 (lumia 800))

in my school is wifi and i need connect to this wifi with this items:

- Connect wiht the certificates (1st .crt, 2nd .cer) - i have install this one)

- Setup the method to TLS

- Identificaton with my name

Question 1: Where can i setup this items?

Question 2: Our school wifi is (sps-roam). I have only one item in the wifi-list. But my friend with Android have 2 items with the name "sps-roam". One with WPA and one with another connect (and to this i want connect).

So i want conenct to school wifi, but after select the "sps-roam", this need username and password, but i need connect with the certificate.

Can you please write the step-by-step process? Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm sure, you understand me New computer setup wifi not working :)

JanKolář, Mar 15, 2020
  4. New computer setup wifi not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

New computer setup wifi not working

1. New computer setup wifi not working - Similar Threads - computer setup wifi

2. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  3. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating New Computer Setup: Hello,Is there a way to automate a new computer setup? I'm looking for more proof of concept and guidance on where to go so I can create a fully automated or as much as possible new computer setup. The new computer setup is meant to set each computer up the same way, with the...
  4. Automating New Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  6. First time setup for new computer not working

First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  7. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  9. New computer setup

New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  10. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer setup: My husband bought a new computer last week and set it up following all direction prompts. He was able to sign in and use the computer that evening. Since then it will not accept his login pin #, To reset that, he needed to sign into his Outlook account. It won't accept...