Windows 10: New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop

Discus and support New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer and when I set it up I used the same password as the one I used to set up my dad's computer I bought both machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeeDunning, Apr 10, 2021.

1. New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop

I recently purchased a new computer and when I set it up I used the same password as the one I used to set up my dad's computer I bought both machines and didn't think anything of not using my credentials on both computers. Now when my system boots up it shows his desktop. How do I break this connection so I can have my own personal desktop? As it currently stands, if I make a change it affects him too.

:)

LeeDunning, Apr 10, 2021

2. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop

Happy Fathers day

Just wanted to wish a Happy Fathers day to all the fathers that put pampers and formula ahead of the new Nvidia products on the shopping list all the way up to the college applications and prom dresses.

Good Job *Smile New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop :) *Rockout :rockout:

Jetster, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop

1. New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop - Similar Threads - Computer Shows Father's

2. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  3. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  4. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My father's computer crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My father's computer crashed: My father computer crashed. Pls tell what caused to crash.Dump File https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fathers-computer-crashed/5ceed555-9722-49c9-84c7-5a6e54975be1
  6. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing: Hi, I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says it is up to date. However, her Desktop Icons are not showing on her new computer. We can go into her File Explorer, and...
  7. Deceased Father and needing computer access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deceased Father and needing computer access: Hello, My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security questions...
  8. Desktop setup for 93yo father

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop setup for 93yo father: New user here, helping my 93 yo dad w a windows10 setup. DK much about it. He wants to minimize it w mainly web page shortcuts/icons (email, amazon, medical provider, free and simple word processor) on the desktop w/ large fonts. I can put them on the taskbar but not desktop....
  9. New desktop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New desktop computer: Why cannot I download my iTunes to new desktop computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-desktop-computer/f6eef519-1c80-4691-8a5e-4b43c17749ef
  10. close account of my deseased father

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    close account of my deseased father: Hello, My father passed away last april and I asked to close his account through email in the beginning of july. I also stornated the subscription fee on july 11th. Only today I saw the amount was once more paid through the apparently still present incasso. So once mmore I...