Windows 10: New Computer Start-up

Discus and support New Computer Start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - My name is Allie. I just purchased a new HP Touch Screen computer and I have to set up my preferences i.e., my internet provider, file transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllieAZ, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AllieAZ Win User

New Computer Start-up

Hi - My name is Allie. I just purchased a new HP Touch Screen computer and I have to set up my preferences i.e., my internet provider, file transfer without dragging any viruses along, photo and favorites. My carrier is Comcast. I use the Norton protection program that is provided by Comcast and prefer to stick with it.

Can someone please guide me so I don't have any additional error messages or reports.

My e-mail address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you,

Alice Zawadski

:)

AllieAZ, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Aug 21, 2018
  4. New Computer Start-up

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

New Computer Start-up

1. New Computer Start-up - Similar Threads - Computer Start

2. PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSP fails to restart unless the computer itself is re-started: Hello Everyone! I have been using PSP since before it was Corel, updating as I went along. Last summer I moved onto 2019 version and an HP Envy laptop with 16gb and Windows 10 64 bit. From first I got a problem. After using and closing down PSP , when next clicked on the icon...
  3. REALLY TIRED OF HAVING TO CLICK THE SIGN iN BUTON EVERY TIME I START MY COMPUTER BACK UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REALLY TIRED OF HAVING TO CLICK THE SIGN iN BUTON EVERY TIME I START MY COMPUTER BACK UP: What exactly must I do to eliminate having to press the Sign In button every time my computer goes to sleep ? It happens all day long and I am really so tired of it. I have tried doing the thing where you tick the box saying that you dont have to put in a password but that...
  4. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    at start up 1 minute computer shut down: I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-start-up-1-minute-computer-shut-down/6eb521c6-73e2-43b8-b4bd-725995d6e1a8
  5. copying Desktop and Start Menu to Another Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    copying Desktop and Start Menu to Another Computer: I would like to duplicate my Desktop and Start Menu to my backup computer. Is there a way to do it? Perhaps using Macrium maybe? Thank you. 141011
  6. Windows 10 has to be reactivated every time computer is started

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 has to be reactivated every time computer is started: Hi Since the latest Windows 10 update I have been bugged by having to reactivate Windows 10 every morning when my HP Pavillion is started. I have tried the solutions recommended at...
  7. Computer won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't start: HI My new Dell all in one Computer froze. I set a restore point right out of the box and I also made a system image usb as I have had problems before. I tried system restore ,did not work, tried booting from the usb don't really know how, tried just about all the options in...
  8. Computer won't start after deleting AC adapter driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't start after deleting AC adapter driver: My Legion Y530 was having issues with the battery (it wasn’t charging when plugged in, and was constantly on 0%) so I followed an online tutorial that instructed me to unistall both of the battery drivers (the ac adapter and the acpi compliant one) Without really thinking...
  9. New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!: I've tried to find info online but it seems I don't have the same options as these earlier responses indicate. Like I said, just got it yesterday - and it's awful! Already missing Vista, which I didn't think would happen. 1. It appears that the computer assigned a username...
  10. Computer will not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not start: Hi, It's a Lenovo YOGA 310 bought December 2018, has W10 & 32GB memory. I am unable to use this machine & when I try to 'Reset' the message is "Additional free space is need on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again." I am...