Windows 10: New Computer Start-up

Discus and support New Computer Start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - My name is Allie. I just purchased a new HP Touch Screen computer and I have to set up my preferences i.e., my internet provider, file transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllieAZ, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AllieAZ Win User

New Computer Start-up

Hi - My name is Allie. I just purchased a new HP Touch Screen computer and I have to set up my preferences i.e., my internet provider, file transfer without dragging any viruses along, photo and favorites. My carrier is Comcast. I use the Norton protection program that is provided by Comcast and prefer to stick with it.

Can someone please guide me so I don't have any additional error messages or reports.

My e-mail address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you,

Alice Zawadski

:)

AllieAZ, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to Get Started with a New Computer

You can't do any of this until you go through the initial login. After that the steps you listed are a good start though I use the builtin Windows Defender along with Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium and Anti-exploit. #2 is key as far as I'm concerned. I backup every Friday using Macrium reflect Pro set for 1 full and 6 incremental.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Aug 21, 2018
  4. New Computer Start-up

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

New Computer Start-up

1. New Computer Start-up - Similar Threads - Computer Start

2. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  3. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer always start in BIOS: When i turn on my computer/Restart it always start in BIOS, I have tried the tutorial on Youtube and Yeah it success But when i tried to Restart it back again to the BIOS, All the tutorial youtubers said "Tried this and it won't be back to the BIOS" or something like that....
  4. My computer always start in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  6. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  7. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

8. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  9. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  10. Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer

Only one of my icons popped up when i started my computer: I started my computer and one icon popped up, and I had a few on there, I can't get more to show up even the trash isn't in there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-one-of-my-icons-popped-up-when-i-started-my/b3612eb5-a093-4f7f-88fa-1b4e1c4955b8