Windows 10: New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email

Discus and support New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my nephew tried to set up his new computer, and has used an email address that no longer exists. So now I'm looking at a stuck screen, halfway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Driftingat Sea, Jan 30, 2019.

1. New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email

Hi my nephew tried to set up his new computer, and has used an email address that no longer exists. So now I'm looking at a stuck screen, halfway through the process, trying to verify a Microsoft Account that is impossible because the email is wrong. Please help!

How can I go BACK on the computer set up pages to enter a new email address (and therefore a new MS User profile). CTRL ALT DEL does nothing. Turning off does nothing, it just reboots direct to the stuck page asking me to verify identity.

:)

Driftingat Sea, Jan 30, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email

Brink, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email

1. New computer, stuck halfway thru MS Account registration with wrong email - Similar Threads - computer stuck halfway

2. Not getting registration email when trying to make a new account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting registration email when trying to make a new account.: Can't complete a new account Microsoft as no email are being received, and yes I have just spam, junk, server quarantine...why are Microsoft so awful to get help form?...
  3. Not getting registration email when trying to make a new account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting registration email when trying to make a new account.: Can't complete a new account Microsoft as no email are being received, and yes I have just spam, junk, server quarantine...why are Microsoft so awful to get help form?...
  4. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  5. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  6. MS wrong email.

7. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  8. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  9. New computer linked to wrong account

New computer linked to wrong account: My husband got a new computer but it was connected with my Microsoft account because he didn’t have an account. He has since set up a Microsoft account, but we can’t figure out how to get his computer off my account on to his. Help!...
  10. Local account stuck to wrong email address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local account stuck to wrong email address: Hello, this is a fun one and I have yet to find a solution. I miss the days of only local accounts on PCs before Microsoft accounts started getting mixed up with them. Wife's laptop was on a local Windows 10 account. Son logged into Xbox app to play Minecraft or something,...