Windows 10: New Computer took over old computer

Discus and support New Computer took over old computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; New Computer took over old computer, I should Not be administrator on that computer... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DocCraver, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DocCraver Win User

New Computer took over old computer

New Computer took over old computer, I should Not be administrator on that computer

:)

DocCraver, Dec 5, 2019
  2. tater Win User

Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Paul_Blue Win User
    Installing Old Hard Derive onto new Computer

My old computer had a motherboard failure. I took the 1.5 TB Drive out of that computer and installed in a different computer that already had a primary c: drive. Windows recognized the new drive as K: and I can access some data files, pictures, etc.
    However, I cannot access any of the old programs from this hard drive - I need to use a variety of these programs and can't figure out how to get access to them. Any suggestions?

Paul_Blue, Dec 5, 2019
  4. New Computer took over old computer

How to transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer?

Original title: Laura

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and successfully set up Windows Live Mail (as that is the mail program I like best). How can I transfer contact list, old mail, etc from my old computer to the new computer.

LauraFincher, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

New Computer took over old computer

1. New Computer took over old computer - Similar Threads - Computer took old

2. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  3. My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was fixed, but onedrive took over my files: I'm sorry for the terrible title, but I didnt know how to explain it.So basically, my windows 11 computer wouldn't boot, instead saying: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". My brother fixed it, and luckily my files could be saved and stored in the folder 'Windows.old'.As he booted it...
  4. My friend took over my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend took over my computer: So my friend logged into my computer to play Minecraft windows 10 edition on his account, and now when I log in my account is under his Microsoft account and email and I have not been able to fix it. I tried to make a new Microsoft account but his account is the administrator...
  5. Recent Windows update took over my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update took over my computer: I updated my computer because Microsoft ordered me to. So I did. Completely took over my computer. Opening/sign in screen was different. Desktop was really different. Eight of 20 program icons were missing. Nothing worked. I tried opening Opera browser, and Internet explorer...
  6. Some one got into my computer today and took it over.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some one got into my computer today and took it over.: He told me his name was David Rhoden Ex.303 and he was with Microsoft. Phone #888-892-3777. He was in with Microsoft and I had a virus. He had total control? He told I needed virus protection.. It will cost me $199.00 to fix it. I ok it and he started going through...
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...
  9. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...
  10. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...