Windows 10: New computer trying to download and save a PDF file in windows 10 .. Only file type option...

Discus and support New computer trying to download and save a PDF file in windows 10 .. Only file type option... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help can not save a download of a PDF file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Golf ball, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Golf ball Win User

New computer trying to download and save a PDF file in windows 10 .. Only file type option...

Help can not save a download of a PDF file

:)

Golf ball, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jan 8, 2021
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jan 8, 2021
  4. D.A. Lowe Win User

New computer trying to download and save a PDF file in windows 10 .. Only file type option...

Saving a downloaded pdf file.

When receiving a pdf file while still using Windows 8.1, clicking to download the file created a task bar at the bottom of the screen with 3 options, open, save, and cancel. Clicking the save option provided other options such as "save as," upon which the
    saving process could proceed.

Now with Windows 10, upon clicking the received pdf file to download it, the "save" option does not appear.

We have then clicked the "open" option for the image to appear on screen, upon which a task bar appears on the top of the screen with icons including a "save" icon. However, the "save" icon appears inactive (dim). Clicking on this dim "save" icon confirmed
    its not being active.

Comments and recommendations to enable us to save downloaded pdf files as we were able to do with Windows 8.1 will be very much appreciated. Thanks for your assistance.

D.A. Lowe, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. New computer trying to download and save a PDF file in windows 10 .. Only file type option... - Similar Threads - computer trying download

2. "Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option: Hey, got Acrobat installed but cant set it as default app to open pdf files.i have been in setting- default - "Choose Defaults by file type" ..., but there is no .pdf extension only .pdfxml right click on pdf file ---- NO OPTION TO CHANGE DEFAULT PROGRAMRight click pdf file -...
  3. "Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose Defaults by file type" no .pdf option: Hey, got Acrobat installed but cant set it as default app to open pdf files.i have been in setting- default - "Choose Defaults by file type" ..., but there is no .pdf extension only .pdfxml right click on pdf file ---- NO OPTION TO CHANGE DEFAULT PROGRAMRight click pdf file -...
  4. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads: File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloadsFriends,I appreciate your help. All my existing PDF files in a File Explorer-Desktop folder have been converted to Chrome HTML Document file type - both existing files and any new...
  5. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads: File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloadsFriends,I appreciate your help. All my existing PDF files in a File Explorer-Desktop folder have been converted to Chrome HTML Document file type - both existing files and any new...
  6. File Explorer - All PDF files changed to "Chrome HTML" file type - including new PDF downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PDF & files saving & "save as"

PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  8. PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print

PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print: I received a document clearly marked as a PDF but when I downloaded it it was saved as HTML file and it won't give me an option to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-document-only-saves-as-a-html-file-with-no/4a2d40f0-c14c-4d82-b99a-3de82931d3ff"
  9. PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option

in Browsers and Email
    PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option: I'm using Google Chrome in Windows 10. issue: I used to be able to go into my bank site and click on a statement pdf file under view statements and it would open the statement to view and then I could print it, save it or close it. Now when I click on a statement pdf file in...
  10. PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files won't open - now only get "save as" option: I'm using Google Chrome in Windows 10. issue: I used to be able to go into my bank site and click on a statement pdf file under view statements and it would open the statement to view and then I could print it, save it or close it. Now when I click on a statement pdf file in...