Windows 10: New computer w windows 10 froze after 30 minutes

Discus and support New computer w windows 10 froze after 30 minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You should make a COMPLETE image backup, and do NOT use windows backup to do so.....use a 3rd party backup program. Windows backup can also fail on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by michael13, Sep 17, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

New computer w windows 10 froze after 30 minutes

You should make a COMPLETE image backup, and do NOT use windows backup to do so.....use a 3rd party backup program. Windows backup can also fail on you. But....its your choice....

OldMike65, Sep 17, 2015

2. Congratulations !
    I managed to play with W10 for a week *Smile
    Now suppose to setup again and confirmed reservations *Smile

Senior Junior, Sep 17, 2015
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    More than likely it was when he installed his anti-virus program. Those can mess up windows 10 pretty good sometimes. Have to be careful just how you install 3rd party anti-virus programs, seems windows 10 can be real picky on this.
    Which is just another bug in our Windows 10. *Smile

OldMike65, Sep 17, 2015
  4. fredc Win User

When my laptop freezes i power off , wait a minute and as soon as i press the power button again i hit the (F2) key until boot screen comes up .

I then open the DVD drive, stick a Win 10 ISO or Win 10 repair disk in it and change the boot sequence to boot from the disk first.

I then hit ( F10) to get out of it and a few seconds later you see the message (press any key to boot from the disk drive) option which will take you to troubleshooting or the option to re install .

I am getting sick of needing to do that though , a fix is needed asap.

fredc, Sep 17, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    If it is very new, I'd pack it back in the box and bring it straight back to them and get a refund or a different machine.

Does it keep locking up even after rebooting? If it locks up constantly, bring it back to where you bought it and get satisfaction.

XweAponX, Sep 17, 2015
  6. fredc Win User
    I have done that myself , i demanded a NIB replacement , get it home and it's even worse than the first one , some people just can't win .

PS: Some people =

fredc, Sep 17, 2015
  7. I have Eset installed, Win10x64 Pro. Computer runs just dandy. While it is possible, I wouldn't say it is likely.

If I can, I would recommend making sure you (OP) have updated Win10 drivers on your computer, and only programs installed that you need/want installed. And when going through the system to clean out unwanted programs, be extra careful.

DustSailor, Sep 17, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

Then you bring THAT one back. I bought an HP printer from the old CompUSA way back in the early 2000's - First one was cheaply made, broke within a week. Second one broke instantly. Finally they had to give me the model up from that, I actually had bought a warranty for it. But even without, they have to satisfy you.

XweAponX, Sep 18, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Well then I guess we will agree to disagree cause I know some ant-virus programs CAN affect windows 10. His new computer was running great, till he installed Eset, then after that is when the computer had problems. Nortons is another one that can mess up Windows 10, I know this for a fact, as I run Nortons. Also the Windows tech's at Microsoft wouldn't even help me with a small problem I had with updates, unless I agreed to uninstall Norton 1st. Their are other examples of programs that can give Windows 10 problems also. All anti-virus types. They CAN run fine under Windows 10, but its how they are installed that seems to give windows 10 problems. Avast, is another one. I do have Windows 10 and Nortons running together now, but I had to completely remove Norton, then remove all registry entries, then run Windows defender for about 2 hours, let it update itself, then turn it off, re-install Nortons......pain in the butt yes, but no more problems with Windows 10 since.

OldMike65, Sep 18, 2015
  10. It's new! Take it back to the store.

Floridagal, Sep 18, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    Eset has never bricked any of the at least 400+ pcs I have installed it on. Not one of them had any trouble whatsoever. It usually instantly finds a virus culprit instantly.

But I think everyone concurs, bring it the hell back. If you bought a warranty of any type, they have to give you a better machine if all of those models are bad: And it is a possibility that all of them are bad

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New computer w windows 10 froze after 30 minutes - Similar Threads - computer froze minutes

2. 30 Minute boot time after a brownout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 Minute boot time after a brownout.: Recently had a brownout pretty common where I live this time of year and after rebooting my PC it took approximately 30 minutes to load into the UI. Once in the UI absolutely nothing worked for another half hour, setting, cmd, disk cleanup even my 3rd party apps like discord....
  3. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  4. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  5. Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown every 30 minutes: Computer shuts down every 30 minutes? [Original Title: Windows 10 computer.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shutdown-every-30-minutes/31960b85-95dc-49ff-9128-ef4a4d35f33e
  6. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  7. After Windows 10 update, computer froze.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update, computer froze.: Clicked on update & went to bed. Didn't see any messages. Stuck on 1st screen without log in option, Mouse & Keyboard do nothing. can someone help?...
  8. Computer Crashing every 25-30 minutes

Computer Crashing every 25-30 minutes: i have been having an issue with my computer for some time I usually manage to get it working the only thing I know that seems to be connected to it working is Intel(r) Management Engine Interface whenever my device manager shows Intel MEI I know my computer is working...
  9. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....