Windows 10: New Computer - Window 11 License Question.

Discus and support New Computer - Window 11 License Question. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an older computer currently running Windows 10. As best I can remember, the OS was installed as a clean Win 10, using a Windows 7 Key from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ToddAltman, Nov 29, 2021.

1. New Computer - Window 11 License Question.

I have an older computer currently running Windows 10. As best I can remember, the OS was installed as a clean Win 10, using a Windows 7 Key from a full retail purchase of Windows 7 back when this computer was first built. IE There wasn't an upgrade fee from 7 to 10 as best I can remember.The components to upgrade my computer will be here this week and I really have a two part question.1. Will my original Retail Win 7 license work for Windows 11, or do I need to purchase a new retail copy of Windows 11?2. If the answer to the above is yes, do I have to install windows 10 with my Win 7 key,

:)

ToddAltman, Nov 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Transfer windows 10 license to new computer

My Windows License is listed on my account page tied to my laptop. It gives me the option to Remove the PC. Will this realease the license to be reappliedt omy new computer.

RogerMaki1, Nov 29, 2021
  4. New Computer - Window 11 License Question.

2 Questions - Installing Windows on a New Laptop and Changing the Username on Startup

Windows 10 licensing has nothing to do with your email address or user name.

You can only use the license (product key) to activate on one computer only.

Its not a subscription. If you want to have Windows 10 installed on more than one computer, you need to purchase and use a use a unique product key for each computer it installed on.

If you want to move the license from one computer to another, you must remove it from the previous computer it was installed on and you need to use chat support to reactivate.

Step 1:

Step 2: Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

New Computer - Window 11 License Question.

1. New Computer - Window 11 License Question. - Similar Threads - Computer Window License

2. Windows 11 License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 License Question: Good evening, so I am going to build a new PC under the same email I have my windows 11 license activated to. However, the old PC will still be in use by another email account. Will this make me or the other person run into any problems? Or can I simply just buy another...
  3. Windows 11 License Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 License Question: Good evening, so I am going to build a new PC under the same email I have my windows 11 license activated to. However, the old PC will still be in use by another email account. Will this make me or the other person run into any problems? Or can I simply just buy another...
  4. Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer: I built a new computer, downloaded windows 11 from microsoft website, created a bootable usb, installed windows 11 home n.I go to activate it says error 0xC004F213I tried to activate using my windows 10 home license previous computer. I did the troubleshoot thing, selected I...
  5. Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer

Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer: I built a new computer, downloaded windows 11 from microsoft website, created a bootable usb, installed windows 11 home n.I go to activate it says error 0xC004F213I tried to activate using my windows 10 home license previous computer. I did the troubleshoot thing, selected I...
  6. Transfer license to new computer -practical questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to new computer -practical questions: I am in the process of building a new computer. The computer I currently have will be given to my wife.I want her computer to be as clean as possible, i.e. all accounts and files removed so that when she boots the computer for the first time it seems "as new". With my new...
  7. Transfer license to new computer -practical questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to new computer -practical questions: I am in the process of building a new computer. The computer I currently have will be given to my wife.I want her computer to be as clean as possible, i.e. all accounts and files removed so that when she boots the computer for the first time it seems "as new". With my new...
  8. Transfer license to new computer -practical questions

9. New Computer - Window 11 License Question.

New Computer - Window 11 License Question.: I have an older computer currently running Windows 10. As best I can remember, the OS was installed as a clean Win 10, using a Windows 7 Key from a full retail purchase of Windows 7 back when this computer was first built. IE There wasn't an upgrade fee from 7 to 10 as best I...
  10. Obtaining a new license - some questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Obtaining a new license - some questions: I've giving up trying to reactivate Win10 after a motherboards change - see thread here for details. I'm going to buy a new license. But I've got some questions about that. If I buy directly from Microsoft do I just get an email with a key and a link to download? And if so,...