Windows 10: New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!

Discus and support New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got my new computer today, and all was good until I put in the mic...nothing. Removing the ordinary mic also stopped the software for the mic showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rogerinfrance, Apr 3, 2020.

1. New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!

I got my new computer today, and all was good until I put in the mic...nothing. Removing the ordinary mic also stopped the software for the mic showing up. however neither USB mic nor comms mic input worked. I have tried the usual things, but nothing seems to get the machine to identify a mic. I have and am contacting the manufacturers as during these times the vendor has been a bit worse that useless although it is not surprising. I guess I have not tried redoing windows, but that seems a bit excessive. If it has to go back I do not know how that is going to work. So any software ideas that is had please. The machine is a ACEPC running windows 10. AK"2 Mini, 4.2 dual HDMI output.

:)

Rogerinfrance, Apr 3, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Apr 3, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!

USB Mic Problems.

I wouldn't go that far.
    Try "refreshing" the mic.
    Connect the mic and then go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for them Mic (should be in the Sound section) and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Then disconnect the mic and restart the PC. After Windows has started, connect the mic and Windows should detect it as a new device. Then see if it works.

BTW, I have a home recording studio (I use Sonar software).

Here is a screenshot of my Device Manager/Sounds section - just for example so you know what you are looking for.

New computer windows 10  no mic on either USB of normal mic! [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic!

1. New computer windows 10 no mic on either USB of normal mic! - Similar Threads - computer mic either

2. No enchantment option in mic properties on a normal computer not a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No enchantment option in mic properties on a normal computer not a laptop: Hi everyone, I have installed the 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282 driver and when I go to my microphone properties option I do not have the enchantment options. I am currently on windows 10 newest update. My motherboard is PRIME H510M-A WIFI What I did was that I have...
  3. No enchantment option in mic properties on a normal computer not a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No enchantment option in mic properties on a normal computer not a laptop: Hi everyone, I have installed the 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282 driver and when I go to my microphone properties option I do not have the enchantment options. I am currently on windows 10 newest update. My motherboard is PRIME H510M-A WIFI What I did was that I have...
  4. No enchantment option in mic properties on a normal computer not a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mic Works with earphones, but not normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic Works with earphones, but not normally: Need help with Microphone.I can record my audio using earphones but not working normally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-works-with-earphones-but-not-normally/f351922c-4786-424c-b678-60bc91e74490
  6. Microphone USB Mic

Microphone USB Mic: Hello, I have a FiFine USB Microphone, the T669 to be specific, and I have everything set up but when I connected it to my computer, it says, "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed". I went on YouTube and tried everything I saw on there and nothing worked, I...
  7. Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.: I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost this is pretty much every one of them. The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max. Only mics that have their own...
  8. USB Mic not working.

USB Mic not working.: So I know theres already a few threads for this but ive looked through like 4 of them and not just on here but other sites too. I know my mic works I used it on my laptop earlier, but it doesnt work on my pc for some reason. I've tried the troubleshooter, allowing audio to be...
  9. USB mic

USB mic: I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop, PC, or iPad device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic/b0a6421f-029f-4b4d-a468-cec68b29be99
  10. windows usb mic

windows usb mic: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" /> <EventID>442</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task>...