Windows 10: New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue.

Discus and support New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's been a while since I've had a new device, and once I received and started up, my computer had all these window updates and downloads that needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EH_711, Jan 8, 2021.

1. EH_711 Win User

New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue.

It's been a while since I've had a new device, and once I received and started up, my computer had all these window updates and downloads that needed to take place. It's been 3 days now and it's taking a very long time for this action to take place. Items are saying downloading but it just looks like its lingering or no movement in the download. Is there a way I can force or restart the downloads? How do I know if it's even downloading? Do downloads only take place on a restart? I'll leave my computer for the night, return, and get constant downloading error messages or downloading interruptions that cancel the download as well.

:)

EH_711, Jan 8, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 8, 2021
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. New Computer, Windows 10 Updates and Download issue. - Similar Threads - Computer Updates Download

2. New computer game download issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer game download issue: I just got a new computer but when I try to install minecraft from the microsoft store it gives me an error message saying "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license". It shows me that I own the game but this pops up whenever I click...
  3. New computer game download issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer game download issue: I just got a new computer but when I try to install minecraft from the microsoft store it gives me an error message saying "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license". It shows me that I own the game but this pops up whenever I click...
  4. printer issues on new windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer issues on new windows 10 computer: everything is printing with a background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-issues-on-new-windows-10-computer/fa8a32ad-02ed-4943-83d8-28c8bc69e3c0
  5. Issues with downloading the new update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with downloading the new update.: Every time I try and download the new update, it ends at 100% downloading. It doesn't actually download, it just ends at that. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-downloading-the-new-update/a4ae769c-9885-4380-b112-b9a1c36791b2
  6. New Windows 10 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 Update Issues: I left my computer to update overnight and came back the next morning. I tried signing in but I got an error each time I tried. So I restarted my pc and tried again and this time I was able to sign in. But dozens of things were missing. Majority of the shortcuts I had on...
  7. downloading to new computer

downloading to new computer: Downloading Seagate external hard drive into new computer. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-to-new-computer/433426fa-c71d-4848-a9a7-4d94fb893cdc
  8. Windows 10 audio issue on new computer

Windows 10 audio issue on new computer: Hello. This is my first post here. Thanks for taking the time. My issue is a low frequency humming that is occurring most of the time when audio is playing via Windows Media Player, occasionally You Tube, Groove music, etc. It doesn't always occur, but it often does. It is...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 not downloadable on new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 not downloadable on new computer: I have minecraft for windows 10 installed on one of my computers. I had redeemed a code for it, and got it for free. However, when i check my windows 10 library it is not there. I had even uninstalled and reinstalled the game through the windows store and it boots up on my...
  10. Slow download speed on new windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed on new windows 10 computer: I got a new computer in the mail a few days ago. Was getting blue screen error messages half the times I started up the PC that said Bad_system-config_error and also wasn't able to connect to the internet (it said it was connected to the wifi router but I got no internet...