Windows 10: New computer, Windows 10.

Discus and support New computer, Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My hard drive died on my old computer, I have the files from my FTM but they are from a version that may be 20 years old. Do I need to buy a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudithCronin, Oct 27, 2020.

1. New computer, Windows 10.

My hard drive died on my old computer, I have the files from my FTM but they are from a version that may be 20 years old. Do I need to buy a new program and will my old files be compatible with the new version?

:)

JudithCronin, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

New computer, Windows 10.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

New computer, Windows 10.

1. New computer, Windows 10. - Similar Threads - computer

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  6. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  7. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  8. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  9. Computer not responding/not loading.

Computer not responding/not loading.: It’s been a couple days now and my computer will not respond/load applications or programs. When I boot up my computer it appears fine, but when I sign in, I cannot access or use anything except for my file explorer. Although I cannot load any files. I cannot restart or...
  10. Computer not responding/not loading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not responding/not loading.: It’s been a couple days now and my computer will not respond/load applications or programs. When I boot up my computer it appears fine, but when I sign in, I cannot access or use anything except for my file explorer. Although I cannot load any files. I cannot restart or...