Windows 10: New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

Discus and support New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new SSD drive, add OEM win11 pro.Is this legal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rimas Galvosas, Dec 5, 2023.

1. New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new SSD drive, add OEM win11 pro.Is this legal?

:)

Rimas Galvosas, Dec 5, 2023

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro upgrade to new laptop?

I upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro on a laptop purchased last year. I've replaced that laptop - is there a way to move the 11 Pro upgrade to the new laptop before I sell the old one?

ReblTeen84, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Dec 5, 2023
  4. cracks54 Win User

New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

Windows 11 install on new Surface Pro

Installing Windows 11 on a new Surface Pro or any compatible PC involves aseries of steps. please note

that the process can very slightly depending on the specific model of Surface Pro you have and the

harware requirements for windows 11. Here is a general guide to help you instal Windows 11 on a

campataible surface Pro:

Before You Begin:

1. Check System Requirements: Ensure that your Surface Pro meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. These requirements may include a compatible processor, a certain amount of RAM, and TPM 2.0 support.
    2. Backup Data: Before proceeding, back up any important data on your Surface Pro to prevent data loss during the installation process.
    Installation Steps:

1. Download Windows 11: Visit the official Microsoft website to download the Windows 11 installation media. Microsoft usually provides tools for creating bootable USB drives or ISO files.
    2. Create Installation Media: Use the downloaded Windows 11 installation files to create bootable media. You can either create a bootable USB drive using tools like Rufus or use the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft.
    3. Insert Bootable Media: Insert the bootable USB drive with the Windows 11 installation files into your Surface Pro.
    4. Boot from USB Drive: Restart your Surface Pro and boot from the USB drive. You might need to change the boot order in the BIOS/UEFI settings to prioritize the USB drive.
    5. Install Windows 11:
      • Follow the on-screen instructions to begin the Windows 11 installation process.
      • Choose your language, time, keyboard input, and other preferences.
      • Enter your Windows 11 product key if prompted.
    6. Partition and Install:
      • When prompted, select the partition where you want to install Windows 11.
      • Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
    7. Set Up Windows 11: After installation, follow the initial setup process, including creating or signing in with a Microsoft account, choosing privacy settings, and customizing your desktop.
    8. Install Drivers: Visit the official Microsoft Surface support website to download and install any necessary drivers and firmware updates for your specific Surface Pro model.
    9. Install Software: Install your desired software and applications. You can download and install software from the Microsoft Store or other trusted sources.
    10. Windows Updates: Make sure to keep Windows 11 up to date by regularly installing Windows updates through the Windows Update feature.
    Regard!

cracks54, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

1. New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new... - Similar Threads - computer home sell

2. New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new...: New computer with windows 11 home. I want to sell it with windows 11 pro. I will add a new SSD drive, add OEM win11 pro.Is this legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-windows-11-home-i-want-to-sell/80e67542-6c19-4046-a688-b8896c83d1e3
  3. Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new computer it’s loaded with windows 11 pro but licensed with windows 11 home and...: Bought new laptop from Walmart online store was supposed to com with windows 11home but could not activate because it was loaded with windows 11pro and I received no response from seller how can I fix without spending more money.?...
  4. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  5. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  6. Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.: Hello there!I recently just got a new PC without windows activated. I put in Windows 10 Pro I believe into the PC and did that. Then I updated to Windows 11, yet instead of having 11 Home, I got 11 Pro. I need to activate windows, so I got a Windows 11 Home Product key. The...
  7. Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.

Got a new PC. It has Windows 11 Pro but I want Windows 11 Home.: Hello there!I recently just got a new PC without windows activated. I put in Windows 10 Pro I believe into the PC and did that. Then I updated to Windows 11, yet instead of having 11 Home, I got 11 Pro. I need to activate windows, so I got a Windows 11 Home Product key. The...
  8. How to activate Windows 11 Pro on a new computer with Windows 11 Home preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 Pro on a new computer with Windows 11 Home preinstalled?: Split from this thread.I am also wondering what the answer is here - although I know that my Win10 Pro key is a purchased one, not OEM.Jaspreet, your initial reply suggests that there might be a different path for retail licences - can you direct me to anything that might...
  9. How to activate Windows 11 Pro on a new computer with Windows 11 Home preinstalled?

How to activate Windows 11 Pro on a new computer with Windows 11 Home preinstalled?: Split from this thread.I am also wondering what the answer is here - although I know that my Win10 Pro key is a purchased one, not OEM.Jaspreet, your initial reply suggests that there might be a different path for retail licences - can you direct me to anything that might...
  10. Windows 11 just an attempt to sell new computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 11 just an attempt to sell new computers: The whole windows 11 purpose I believe is to sell more computers ! They make the requirement so specific that many very well equipped computers are now junk. I have been debating getting a new PC when the chip shortage ends and considering getting my first apple since I like...