Windows 10: New Computer Wont let me Install Win 10 Pro

Discus and support New Computer Wont let me Install Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It automatically installs Win Home and not pro, I have digital entitlement for pro, Is there a partition on new machine I need to delete like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonez, Dec 17, 2016.

1. tonez Win User

New Computer Wont let me Install Win 10 Pro

It automatically installs Win Home and not pro, I have digital entitlement for pro, Is there a partition on new machine I need to delete like "recovery" or is it stored in Uefi ?

:)

tonez, Dec 17, 2016

2. New Inspiron won't let me install Win 10 Pro

This sounds interesting. What is a PID.txt file and what did you put into it?

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2016
  3. THC1971 Win User
    New Inspiron won't let me install Win 10 Pro

I found a way around it. I had to create a PID.txt file and put it in the 'sources' folder on the install USB drive, then I did a clean install and it worked.

THC1971, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

If this is a new computer how do you have a digital entitlement for Pro? The digital entitlement should be for your old computer.

Winuser, Dec 17, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Change the product key to:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

That's the Windows 10 Pro generic product key. When you change the product key, it will upgrade to Pro, and if you have a digital entitlement it will activate.

If you don't have a digital entitlement for Pro for that computer, it will not activate.

Windows 10 setup reads product keys from the computer's UEFI or BIOS and installs the matching version automatically. You have a product key for Windows Home (Core) in UEFI or BIOS. Windows 10 setup read that product key and used it to install Home automatically without giving you the choice.

NavyLCDR, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    I just had a HP computer die on me. I moved the SSD with the Insider Pro install to another HP computer and it would run but it wouldn't activate. This was the free version that I got for joining the Insider program when it first started.

Winuser, Dec 17, 2016
  7. tonez Win User
    Upgraded and activated thanks for help

tonez, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Computer Wont let me Install Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Computer Wont let

2. Windows 11 Pro wont let me install exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro wont let me install exe file: This issue is driving me crazy, which is not allowing me to install company software on Lenovo yoga 6 laptop. It came with Windows 11 Home which I upgraded to pro knowing. I know that Home edition comes with S mode enabled but I thought once you upgrade to pro that feature is...
  3. Windows 11 Pro wont let me install exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro wont let me install exe file: This issue is driving me crazy, which is not allowing me to install company software on Lenovo yoga 6 laptop. It came with Windows 11 Home which I upgraded to pro knowing. I know that Home edition comes with S mode enabled but I thought once you upgrade to pro that feature is...
  4. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont let me log in: HiI'm at my wits end. Been trying to fix my computer all day but nothing works.I got the blue screen saying a problem with memory and the computer will have to restart.It restarted and gets to the screen with the date and time but as soon as I click the mouse to log in, the...
  5. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wont let me log in: HiI'm at my wits end. Been trying to fix my computer all day but nothing works.I got the blue screen saying a problem with memory and the computer will have to restart.It restarted and gets to the screen with the date and time but as soon as I click the mouse to log in, the...
  6. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my computer wont let me be adminaster

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer wont let me be adminaster: how do i run on my computer as adminaster when i go to comand promt it says run as adminaster and it says no https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-be-adminaster/7239204e-3838-4c2b-bffe-1b2536189ef2
  8. Windows 10 wont let me install an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wont let me install an app: I am trying to install an app and window 10 wont let me. I have tried turning off the firewall, setting the file as one that can get through the firewall, turned off the secure folder setting and a host of other things. nothing works...
  9. New PC wont let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New PC wont let me log in: Greetings Using a web browser I can log into my Microsoft account but trying to log into my Microsoft account via settings doesn't work. So I click the Sing in with Microsoft Account instead link. I'm prompted to type in my email address as my user name, then it askes me...
  10. Minecraft wont let me install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft wont let me install: I just got a new ssd card for my computer to run my games better. I am trying to install minecraft but when I go to click install it is crossed out. So I went into my library and tried to click install but it says that it cannot be used on this device. The install button is...